The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Electronics-Mechanical Magic Tricks Building Ideas.. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rgs1985
View Profile
New user
India
6 Posts

Profile of rgs1985
Hello everyone,

I am very new member in this forum, I am doing magic for last 15 years. I am a tech guy and I like building electronic/mechanical magic tricks (conjuring types, not big illusion items), I would love to share ideas with you all.

Thanking you.
Believe in Magic, The Magic will Happen.
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
317 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
Welcome RGS1985,

this forum can move slowly, but is populated by people with vast knowledge and great ideas

Dale
rgs1985
View Profile
New user
India
6 Posts

Profile of rgs1985
Thanks you Dale Trueman
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Hi RGS1985,

What's your first name so we can all be friends? You might want to add it to your signature line.

After I finished my military service, I went to work for National Cash Register (NCR) as a Field Engineer and went to their numerous schools on electro-mechanical business machines (cash registers, adding machines and accounting machines) thus my love for electro-mechanical devices. Years later, I migrated into electronics and computers and developed a love for that technology too. That love of technology came with me when the magic bug bit me.

This is a great place to meet new people with similar likes and you will find them a world of help so tell us what you have invented and built. Feel free to post your ideas and plans as we would all love to see them.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
rgs1985
View Profile
New user
India
6 Posts

Profile of rgs1985
Hello Gary Salisbury, nice meeting you, my name is R. Gobind. I am making still/video footages of my creations. Will shortly share those.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I look forward to seeing your creations...I was always fascinated by electronic magic effects and have built many such items throughout the years. I was friends with the late great Del Ray who was a pioneer in this field.

Chuck Caputo
rgs1985
View Profile
New user
India
6 Posts

Profile of rgs1985
Hello Chuck Caputo, I will soon be sharing my creations. Nice to see your post in my thread.
ThunderSqueak
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ThunderSqueak
Hey there,

Welcome to the forums Smile I am an electrical engineer, so I always love to see what other people are designing :> Look forward to it!
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Anyone here proficient in coding in C , More specifically for Arduino?

Jeff
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
You should really start your own thread to get better exposure for your question:

That being said, what are you trying to do? Big picture. Specific problem.

I used to support the C programming language many years ago on UNIX before I went into management and lost my techie wings. (I doubt if I could write Hello World from memory anymore but still have my program books.)

I know very little about Arduino and would suggest for that, that you go to an Arduino support blog where there are many others who are very knowledgeable.

I have taking an Arduino class on my bucket list for my hobby inventing needs......
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Thanks Gary,
I was just asking the above crowd generally to see if anybody would like to share code........I've made a few electronic-mechanical devices used for magic and part of that process was writing code to control them.

Jeff
rgs1985
View Profile
New user
India
6 Posts

Profile of rgs1985
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, merlin5150 II wrote:
Anyone here proficient in coding in C , More specifically for Arduino?

Jeff

If you share your requirement in detail. I can try to help you.
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Greetings, all!

I have been practicing magic for 40 years now, primarily sleight of hand and parlor in a Medieval recreation setting.

About 10 years ago I started venturing into ornamental turning, which basically uses an index on the lathe to apply decorative cuts along even spacing to decorate a turning. I have been collecting gears from printers and scanners that I recycle, in the hopes of building a geometric chuck. This is a novel apparatus that is capable of moving a turned piece in a pattern as it is fed into a fixed cutter. The result is a design that looks like it was created using a Spirograph For those who don't know of a Spirograph, it creates epicycloidal movements of overlapping circles). The result, in very hard woods, will sparkle like a cut gem. With slow cuts, no sanding is needed, if cut with carbide or diamond blades.

Doing this sort of thing has opened my eyes to using more mechanical means to accomplish magical effects. I work with computers (graphic artist), but have no idea of how to program. Any advice that could be given would be appreciated.

One device that I have contemplated over the years is a Cup & Ball table that used a carousel under the table that could be indexed to align with black art holes in the table. A small elevator device could bring about some amazing productions/transformations.

I also read a lot of the older magical texts as well, such as Greater Magic, and Our Magic, which are very inspirational!
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Here's what I've been working on.......

https://vimeo.com/225344595

Password: Magic Café'

Jeff
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Password doesn't work
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
My apologies.......

Try MC

Jeff
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Very nice!
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have always been fascinated with Abbott's Spectacular Finale...problem it is way too large and somewhat expensive. I just finished up a table top version for myself that is radio control. This is a great way to end a show or make a vanished object appear, it is the last effect on the brief video below. You will see a few other unique electronic items as well....I had to put the video to music because there was interferrence on the audio for some reason, you should get the gist of everything though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zncOvrg38KQ

Chuck
nbuzza
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of nbuzza
Hi Jeff - Love the remote controlled watch -are these available for sale?
Nathan Buzza

Illuminati Magic
www.illuminati-magic.com
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Thanks nbuzza,
The watch is a Viking/Collectors Workshop item. I made the remote to work with these watches. I'm making a small run of the remote units in the next few weeks: )

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Electronics-Mechanical Magic Tricks Building Ideas.. (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL