The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Need help to Identify vintage Mikame Craft effect..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'm not sure where else to post this, so I'll try it here. I wonder if anyone might know of a source I might make use of to identify an old Mikame Craft wood cigarette vanish box? I mean really old. The identifying marks are 'Crafted by Mikame Craft in what appears to be a rubber stamp in blue ink. It's got some primitive inlays on the both sides of the box and is meant to hold "regular" sized unfiltered cigarettes, making it fairly vintage I'd think.

Anyplace I might find it somewhere to determine period, value, etc?

Any help or advice appreciated.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
Can you attach photographs of the item, including the Mikame markings on the item. Mikame Craft can be easily identified by it's distinct wood quality and design. I am a collector of Mikame and maybe able to help.

David
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, DavidK wrote:
Can you attach photographs of the item, including the Mikame markings on the item. Mikame Craft can be easily identified by it's distinct wood quality and design. I am a collector of Mikame and maybe able to help.

David

Thanks a million David; I'll snap some pics of it and try to post here. But I may have better luck just emailing them to you as a jpg file. I'll get to it this afternoon for sure. I appreciate your help. Thanks! Cheers, bob

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Thanks a million for your help David, at least I know what I have now! cheers, bob

D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Share the findings?
MikeLiu
View Profile
Regular user
vancouver
120 Posts

Profile of MikeLiu
I want to see it too Smile
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
@ Writer; @ MileLiu, sorry, just seeing your responses today. David's opinion was this:

"I have had a look at the photographs and have done some research and have come to the following conclusions:

The wood used is the type used by Mikame Craft, however the box appears to have been varnished, which is not typical of an original product produced.

The markings “Crafted by Mikame Craft” was placed on early Mikame items.

The wood finish on the rear of the internal wood slider that is attached to the handle is not of the quality as expected by Mikame Craft magic. This is not to say someone after purchase has not detached the two and re-joined them.

Also I have not seen the front design type on any other Mikame products, old or recent.

As a result, I am sorry to say that I cannot confirm one way or the other that it is a genuine Mikame product. More research would be required.

Thank you for the opportunity to research it for you. Good luck."

DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
I would like to add that my opinion regarding the old Mikame Craft wood cigarette was based on photographs only.

To confirm if it is truly an old original Mikame item, it would need to be physically examined.

My opinion was also based on comparing my original Mikame Craft Magic items (I have 50 in my collection) and my extensive research on-line.

David
Don Antonio
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Don Antonio
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, DavidK wrote:
I would like to add that my opinion regarding the old Mikame Craft wood cigarette was based on photographs only.

To confirm if it is truly an old original Mikame item, it would n
eed to be physically examined.

My opinion was also based on comparing my original Mikame Craft Magic items (I have 50 in my collection) and my extensive research on-line.

David

Hi David.
Have you the dancing golfclub putter?.
I have a coupel of quiestions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Need help to Identify vintage Mikame Craft effect..... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL