The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Tricks you carry--just in case (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doc Willie
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
Are there tricks you carry around, maybe not all the time, but just in case a specific situation arises?

For instance, I carried Ellusionist'c Chaptrick last winter, and at the end of a meeting I saw a woman putting on chapstick. So I just stated,"Did you know that Chapstick is magical?"

Also I now carry a card with the pips all scrambled in case I see a kid with a fidget spinner. I show two card, with the scramble card DL's, then put the spinner on top of the deck, spin it, and reveal the scrambled card. Then I tell the parent this is what will happen to their childs brain from the spinner (with a wink).
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Elite user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
496 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I always carry "the fastest quadruple knot in the world" ..... packs small.. visual, kind of silly but with a magical finish.
Cheers
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
881 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I carry Toosh by Steve Haynes around with me all the time!

Sleepy
MY INK MOVING EFFECT:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8173

FORCE A CARD, SEEMINGLY PROPLESSLY:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8380
MitchC
View Profile
Regular user
Ventura CA
104 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I'm always carrying three things: Triad Coins & Printing (Joshua Jay) and B'Wave. Don't leave home without them.
willmagicman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of willmagicman
I carry a few rubber bands, a box of matches, and a handkerchief. With these items I can perform penetrations and matter through matter effects, and knot tricks with the handkerchief like Slydini used to do. Great for impromptu tricks at the bar. Provided of course that I haven't drunk too much.

Will.
A Man's gotta know his limitations ... A Magician sets those limitations.
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
Just my pocket change and a bent quarter
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6717 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
This is the SECOND time that the OP has started a thread with the SAME QUESTION!!!!!!! (cf. "TABLE HOPPERS" A FEW WEEKS AGO!)

In the first thread, he got a variety of responses regarding "tricks" carried. AMBITIOUS CARD,ROBERT BLAKE, AND I responded with approximately the same basic answer: TRICKS are PERFORMED, NOT CARRIED. PROPS CAN BE CARRIED! The BEST PROP FOR INFORMAL SITUATIONS IS SOMETHING GENERIC!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
560 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:
This is the SECOND time that the OP has started a thread with the SAME QUESTION!!!!!!! (cf. "TABLE HOPPERS" A FEW WEEKS AGO!)

In the first thread, he got a variety of responses regarding "tricks" carried. AMBITIOUS CARD,ROBERT BLAKE, AND I responded with approximately the same basic answer: TRICKS are PERFORMED, NOT CARRIED. PROPS CAN BE CARRIED! The BEST PROP FOR INFORMAL SITUATIONS IS SOMETHING GENERIC!

So he's learning. He hasn't got your knowledge or your experience.

But he has bought some tricks from a dealer, carries them to show around, and wondered aloud on here what other tricks people carry with them.

He no doubt read your response, but didn't realise that he was legally obliged to accept it and move on! He thought this was a forum where everyone from beginners to retired pro's could share ideas without judgement or criticsm. You know, the sort of friendly place where you could get help without people making you look stupid.

So get off your high horse for once and give the kid a break.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Tricks you carry--just in case (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL