The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Tricks you carry--just in case (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
253 Posts

Profile of donny
Some of you miss the point/value of this type of topic. I read this as "impromptu looking" and "for specific situation". Not when your spectators expect magic or when you pull-out a magic prop. Thus manipulating coin, card, caps or handkerchiefs doesn't apply. You get to use gaffs here, now how will you maximize them?

Not so far named:

Book test: Oasis - Glance - Ultimate Flashback or apps Zeno and Wikitest. Have someone test your "ability" at school or work.
Coins: TUC - Wong's 3 in 1 - Bite Coin (best gaff ever). Counting money at work? Show your mate oh this coin keeps doubling.
Cash: Mismade bill - Streamer from bill (w/ tt) - folded bill that looks like two.
Rings: Odyssey
Cards: Princess - app RA w/ appropriate stacked deck - Return flight - ID - Two card monte - NFW
App: iforce
Pencil: Prismatic Pencil (Lewis's)
Loops: lift - across. for Morelli's work
Misc: color change knives or lighter - Withdraw (cash from card) - Ya Ya vanish of cap - Ignition (key) - Ibalance - Titan's Finger - NUN - What Tha? or Little Hand - Rattled (Haus) - Cause coin to move in spectator hand via Bat device on wrist - Chop (Petty's) - Chop mug - Mojoe - Double Cross - Four Bean Trick
Oh what goodness listed above. My focus was "tricks for the stealth amateur", with the accent on "surprise" and use of invisible gimmick, in most cases. Maybe this list will help you.
My advice only do one trick or three tops, preferably two and don't make it "sting" too much. Some people do "cool" stuff to amaze people (and don't vie for power per se). That's you.
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
Sanks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Always have a stacked deck as well as double cross.

On top of this have wikitest and inject 2.0.

That’s a lot of magic I would say.
alan1954
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of alan1954
In my wallet:
Bill to Credit Card
Powerball 60
Business Card Printer
Mad Mage
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Mad Mage
Rubber bands (numerous effects)
Ring and string
Coins (Numerous - see BoBo)
Unharmed (Jay Sankey) in wallet
Extended Stay (Shawn F) in wallet
Business Cards (Numerous) in wallet
Mentalism - ID7, iCurveball, Watch Routine (Richard Osterlind), Other effects by Docc Hilford, Marc Spelmann, Richard Osterlind, Dereck Brown, Ken Dyne, and Banachek.

I never want to be without something, even if it's just coin under watch. As you can see, these are pretty much ordinary everyday objects to the lay person.
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
The coin bite is nice to have. Can pull it out anytime and then swap it for examination. Trouble is accidentally spending it.
I am still looking for one around the house. It has to be here somewhere!
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1417 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Powerball 60, Organic Choice, and and an Equivoque routine ready-to-go.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Russo
Mentioned this befor - if you have someone who keeps asking --do a trick--do a trick--do a trick--ASK them for a coin or $$ - do an effect - then put the coin/$$ in YOUR POCKET- if they ask about IT!! say "this is my living and my family thanks you" - of course if they are bigger than you - just laugh and return it. L-O-L it has happened to me several times and IT works.
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, Russo wrote:
Mentioned this befor - if you have someone who keeps asking --do a trick--do a trick--do a trick--ASK them for a coin or $$ - do an effect - then put the coin/$$ in YOUR POCKET- if they ask about IT!! say "this is my living and my family thanks you" - of course if they are bigger than you - just laugh and return it. L-O-L it has happened to me several times and IT works.

A friend of mine (may he RIP) would ask to borrow coin or a bill and before he would do anything with it would look the person he received it from, ‘Is this the ______ you just gave me?’ as he would be turning it over and looking them in the eyes. When they said yes, he said thank you, did the trick and pocketed it when done. He was a very likable and talented mage and he would have people come back and say do it again while handing him another coin or bill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Tricks you carry--just in case (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL