The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Newspaper tear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
One of you can answer my question. I have the item and wished to do it with the Chicago Tribune so I removed the m----- from the supplied newspaper and pasted it into a new end piece. On the DVD, Mason says the paper for the final reveal is folded in the same way as for the Gene Anderson tear. However, this can’t be true because the newspaper that came with the trick is glued to a spot about halfway from the left edge of the unfolded paper and the Anderson fold necessarily leaves it much closer than that to the left edge. Unfortunately, the supplied paper (in my case, a Florida paper from “The Villiages”) has so many creases from packing, unfolding and trying it out that I can’t reconstruct the original fold. The simple answer is to buy another but it’s frustrating to do that when I just bought the original and only need to know how Mason changed the Anderson fold so that ,when opened, the pack of pieces is adhering to the spot it is in the supplied sample . Can anyone look at their copy and give me that information.

Thanks a lot,
Tony

PS. I used the original Anderson effect for years on cruise ships but the new 22 inch width of most of today’s broadsheets make it too risky.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I've modified Anderson, placing packet in lower middle and only tearing in thirds lengthwise because of today's narrower papers. Sounds like that's where the paper gets placed in this as well. Should make no difference as long as tear is modified.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Newspaper tear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL