The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tresor by Jeff Copeland (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Got mine today and love it! Very nice coins, great new teaching format and an absolute MASTERCLASS on the French Drop. I posted a full review in the Good the Bad and the Garbage http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109#0

Anyone else grab this up yet? I really liked his "BlackBird" device and I love his "Traveler" coin wallet, but mostly, I love the way he teaches such awesome routines in such a clear and concise manner. All great stuff. Look forward to hearing others thoughts on the "Tresor" project.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
This is an amazing piece of work. It is always wonderful to see the progression of the basics beyond the mundane.
"Tresor" by Jeff Copeland is work worth looking into as to the further creativity of the French Drop, as well as the greater magic he has found more deeply within. Looking forward to this.

Thanks for making us aware PD. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
It's fantastic!

I like how the DAVE system he has in place on the website works. If you have a fast internet connection this is awesome!
JCISBACK
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of JCISBACK
Very cool stuff. That was a really entertaining clip to watch.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Unfortunately, I will be putting it all on hold for a while. Never underestimate the power of a 100' drain snake that can grab your glove quicker than you can react. Smile
https://i1.wp.com/shadowpest.files.wordp......=1&w=450

Ouch <--- just one of the words that came to mind as it happened.

Ligaments, tendons, muscles, joints, wrist and the muscle from about the pinky to the elbow. All shot for now. Words cannot express how upset I am.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Puff you were lucky that you ended with all 5 fingers...
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man! I didn't know a drain snake could be so dangerous, but I guess a snake is a snake. :/

I just got over a hand problem recently, took me outta the game for about 2-3weeks, just getting back to it.

Take it easy and feel better my friend.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2017, pabloinus wrote:
Puff you were lucky that you ended with all 5 fingers...

Funny... My Family Doctor told me the same thing. Smile (I already knew it though) I am just hoping none of the damage is permanent. Without any serious tests though, It looks as if I dodged a bullet and should fully recover in a few weeks or so.

But hey... Enough about me... Let's get back to talking about how cool this "Tresor" project is. Smile
I have had time to view it again in depth (since I can't play along) and I stand 100% by my initial reaction. "This is a MASTERCLASS on the French Drop". There is some outstanding material here and something that all skill levels will be able to achieve without "years of practice". I love the way "Mexi-Melt" looks and can't wait to get back at it.

I also look forward to seeing the "D.A.V.E. platform" grow. For being in its "Infancy" it is pretty remarkable. I can't wait to see what (If any) improvements can be made to it. Honestly, I think it is worth the nominal price of the project just to check out this new teaching format (and you still get your money's worth in content plus "the secret toy surprise in the "cracker jack box" - the cool "one of a kind" (actually 2 of a kind if you factor in the Half Dollar and the Dollar size coins in their beautiful display case / album).

I know "I have" and would bet "most everyone has" (at one time or another) spent way more than $40.00 on far less in the way of content and merch. Smile

I say... "WELL DONE BROTHERJEFFREY" Smile

(and as of the news story I heard tonight, I better give one of these while it is still "Public Domain" Smile
Gene Simmons is trying to get this Trademarked claiming he was the first person to use it back in the 70's (although it has been sign language for "I Love You" since the 1800's and also is on the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" Album Cover with John's hand oriented in the opposite direction. Smile I know Gene is the king of merchandising, but this is a bit ridiculous. Rock on (cause you are off your rocker Gene) Smile

Smile Smile
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Inspired mostly by Poof-daddy's comments, I went all-in for Tresor. I posted some of my thoughts in the review section. Although not all of the material was for me, I definitely came away with a few key improvements, which alone were worth the price of the tutorial.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Smile

Hope it heals fully and quickly.
In the meantime, it's a good opportunity to get some left handed practice in. Smile

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Unfortunately, I will be putting it all on hold for a while. Never underestimate the power of a 100' drain snake that can grab your glove quicker than you can react. Smile

Ligaments, tendons, muscles, joints, wrist and the muscle from about the pinky to the elbow. All shot for now. Words cannot express how upset I am.
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear!! That is just killer. Heal quick my friend!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Thanks to pabloinus, Inigmntoya, BrotherJeffrey and all who have PM'd me well wishes. I didn't know so many people cared, so it is very humbling. Even though most of my magic is on hold, (I am trying some left handed stuff) I will continue to post and advise where I can - everywhere on the Café. I am very fortunate that none of this will likely be permanent. I have had all of these injuries in the past, just not as bad and all at once. One thing I learned during my two bouts with cancer over the last 5 years is that I Am A Fighter, whether I knew it or not and I will overcome this in time.

It hurts a lot and is making me very frustrated as magic is really my only hobby and I also use it as physical therapy for issues with my right arm to begin with.

I also want to keep this thread on topic, since it was started to support a fantastic new product (and I do not wish to hijack the tread. Please PM me with further wishes and advisement as to my injuries. But be advised, a lot I cannot use due to current post cancer meds and such).

This Tresor project really is cool and I look forward to hearing others thoughts as they pick it up and check it out.

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
If you are not on the email list, as of yesterday, extra coins are now available for those who have been asking.
https://shop.copelandcoins.com/products/......4c8a8c54

Smile Smile
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
I purchased Tresor and I am very pleased. The DAVE teaching system is a new concept. The included tiger coins are remarkable, I had to purchase a backup set for safe keeping. Jeff has a comfortable teaching style that is thorough and covers all aspects of the moves. His thoughts on my favorite move, the French drop, has improved my perception and methods. I like the subtle nuances that he points out and recommendations and new handling that I will add to my learning.
I also own the traveler wallet and would recommend a look. I carry it with me always. Good job, Jeff. I look forward to your future work.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
matthewauj
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of matthewauj
This is really fun, and improved my french drop a lot!
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Wow, I think TRESOR has like 4 threads here on MC - a lot of people must love it.

I am late to the party - but here is my two cents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQM-ZF4dgjQ
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Better late than never, DK. Smile It truly is wonderful work, and not just a good effect or great coins, but a whole system as to the progression/evolution of this classic move. Just very clever stuff, from a real worker who clearly loves what he does as to magic in doing it and teaching it. We're lucky to have him. Smile

Oh, and as my grandpa used to say..."It's never too late to speak the truth or to find it." Smile

Appreciate your wonderful review here, and incidentally, I am a big fan of your magic reviews in general and highly recommend people check them out. Keep up the great work in bringing interested folks top-flite information on what's good, better, best out there. Much thanks! Smile

-Mb

JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Based on all the favorable reviews from people like Poof_Daddy (How's the hand, man? Are you back to your old self?), MB, and David, I bought this on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Just as a note to other potential users: I don't really need any additional coins (I already have more than enough), and was initially going to buy just the download --- but the difference in price was only $5 or so, and you get the cool box and everything.... So you might want to break down and just get the entire package.
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2018, JoeHohman wrote:
Based on all the favorable reviews from people like Poof_Daddy (How's the hand, man? Are you back to your old self?), MB, and David, I bought this on Saturday.

Thank you Joe! I appreaciate your post and hope you will share more when you receive it.
Your order from CopelandCoins.com will be shipping this afternoon!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tresor by Jeff Copeland (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL