We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gimmick to load cups with small stuff needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
205 Posts

Profile of milesart
Is there a gimmick out there which can be loaded with small things like powder, confetti etc. which can be palmed? I would like to show some cups empty (with the gimmick palmed) and after showing empty load the cup with the powder or confetti. so the gimmick needs to have an open mechanism to secretly give away its contents.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1138 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Paper cup with tissue paper over the mouth. Puncture the paper and pour out the load.

Also, look at Alex Elmsley's cups and balls routine. He ends with a salt pour that produces too much for all three cups.

Patrick
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Staff
Maryland
5167 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Martin Lewis tips a home made gimmick that fills the cup with dice (dozens of dice) on his DVD "Close-Up Miracles". It is a one cup routine but the idea can be easily adapted to any Cups and Balls routine.

John Mendoza tips his gimmick and work to produce a cup full of coins (pennies) on one of his DVDs (I forget which DVD maybe someone else can help with this).

I have a short Coffee Mug Chop Cup routine that ends with a cup full of coffee beans. It is based on the Mendoza gimmick. I have used the Alex Elmsley Idea to increase the load volume to fill a coffee bean bag at the end of the routine (quadruples the load volume).

The above gimmicks should give you great ideas on how to proceed in designing and building your own.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of plungerman
Paul Gertner (sp) has a chop cup routine with a tea bag. The ending has the cup raised and a cup full of loose tea spreads out (covering the silk he put down as he started. Clever, huh?) The load is a simple container with a lid, filled with loose tea. When loaded into the cup the Al Wheatly gimmick takes the cup away leaving the tea to obscure the lid. An elegant solution, I thought.

Sorry if I've spilled more than tea. I'm sure they will let me know.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3715 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Henry Evans makes wonderful use of a "Sanada Gimmick" making things as large as silks appear "out of nowhere". I have his "Linking Rubber Bands" set and it comes with a specially made (a bit Larger than normal) one that hides a stack of ten linked rubber bands. You could easily hide some confetti, powder, sponge balls or other such objects. I have also seen a 3 finger (wide) version on google images for searching sanada gimmick.
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gimmick to load cups with small stuff needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL