The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34~35~36 [Next]
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2017, tomd wrote:
I don't care about this stuff.. how much memory work is involved? I don't want to fish, I would just like to get an understanding of what level of skill or memory work needed ☺️

Judging from the trailer, some of the usual ploys are employed here in order to figure out the correct one of a possible few. It would seem that is the extent of fishing and I assure you, if that's the extent of it, to the audience there would appear to be no fishing at all and would very much appear that you assertively hit whatever you're hitting.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Good business/ bad business is somewhat academic, this will sell out fast.

This really is a thing of beauty which is why I was one of those pushing Pete to release this. I also pushed him to name it IS3, Pete was going to call it something else because the only similarity this has to Isobella's Star is that you can nail the sign and date of birth with 100% accuracy 100% of the time. This isn't self working, there is a small amount of effort involved to get to Pete's level of proficiency but it is well within every bodies reach. This is probably my all time favourite propless effect.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Agreed. Mine too. And the work is a lot less than, say, memorising a stack. Hope that gives some idea of the scale.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
(I meant a stacked deck - some stacks are of course really simple!)
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
There is memory work but it's not imposing -

If you struggle with your memory, save the bit you struggle with as the wallpaper on your phone and use it as a crutch whilst performing and after rinsing and repeating this it becomes second nature.

It's so easy to do with nothing in your pockets that it's worth learning the principles required to achieve this.

Pete x
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2017, kissdadookie wrote:

Judging from the trailer, some of the usual ploys are employed here in order to figure out the correct one of a possible few. It would seem that is the extent of fishing and I assure you, if that's the extent of it, to the audience there would appear to be no fishing at all and would very much appear that you assertively hit whatever you're hitting.

Which trailer is that?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Go on then, I'm in...pre-ordered...
I've asked to be banned
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Still wondering if my pre-order's been received or not 🤔
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2017, Aubrey de Wet wrote:
Still wondering if my pre-order's been received or not 🤔

Have you been given a transaction number by PayPal? If yes it's been received, if you are worried tell me your details I can search it out.

Pete x
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

After having learned this from Peter himself 2 weeks ago in person, and reading the book, I can tell you, you are in for a real treat.

For those that asked about being translated into other language, I think its possible,

I am currently working through being able to do it in Spanish. Out of town on business in NYC and havent had time to think about the translations, soon though.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
Is it still available as a physical book?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Peter just performed the current version of this for my over Skype and man oh man, this is so beautiful.

He nailed the starsign, name, and exact date I was thinking of 3 times in a row each time in less than 2 minutes.

I just wanted to say that this will read as a lot on paper because of how involved the process is for the performer. However in performance, it literally takes about 90 seconds from start to end.

This is really something special and as far as I'm concerned, this is the final destination of birthdate revelation. I don't see how it could get any better than this.

Peter is a madhouse when it comes to creating. Never hesitate to get something with his name on it.

Madison
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Having gotten a sneak peek at the release (I received it at 6:45 AM) I have read through it, memorized it, and performed it on my girlfriend and nailed all the information. (It is now 11:20 AM and I've had class so this is about 2 or 3 hours worth of time.)

Peter actually gives an option to do this without Starsigns and this is my preferred method because generally, people I perform for don't know their starsign or they know very little about it. Peter provides a solid foundation for how to do this without starsigns, but I have adapted it ever so slightly to fit me a bit more. Essentially, in Peters "nonstarsign" method, you still ask about their starsign. I eliminated that by asking a bit of a different and casual question. If you do it this way, you don't have to memorize anything about Tj starsigns (which is where a large majority of this memory work is.) As is, I performed it with my girlfriend creating a fictitious person with a name and birthdate to "make it more difficult" and I revealed their name and birthdate.

I honestly love this and will use it for a very long time. It's too good to pass up. I GENUINELY believe this release should cost way more than it does. Pete has put a lot of work into it and it shows. It is a brilliant piece which I will have on hand for those propless situations.

Don't hesitate to buy this while you can!

Madison
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
people I perform for don't know their starsign

I think star signs is all a load of twaddle

But even so - I thought everyone knew their own star sign

By everyone I mean 99% or more - and even though I am sure most know it all to be rubbish - I still thought they would know their own sign

Is what Maddison wrote correct - that a lot of people do NOT know their signs [?]

I guess Maddison's target group are US college kids - even so I would have thought all the girls [and most the boys] would know their own sign

Has anyone else found that a lot of people don't know their signs [?]
Mindipulator
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
109 Posts

Profile of Mindipulator
My son is 18 and had never heard of star signs. I discovered this when trying to perform IS3 for him a couple of days ago.
I had him ask a few friends. Most were unaware. The girls seemed to be slightly more knowledgeable than the boys.

Dale
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
people I perform for don't know their starsign

I think star signs is all a load of twaddle

But even so - I thought everyone knew their own star sign

By everyone I mean 99% or more - and even though I am sure most know it all to be rubbish - I still thought they would know their own sign

Is what Maddison wrote correct - that a lot of people do NOT know their signs [?]

I guess Maddison's target group are US college kids - even so I would have thought all the girls [and most the boys] would know their own sign

Has anyone else found that a lot of people don't know their signs [?]

For star signs, personally I always use a female spectator. Most females, in the US at least, knows their star sign.

Another note, when you're asking someone if they know their star sign, additionally add a line along the lines of "like leo, gemini, pisces." For those in the know, if you use those three lines, you can sometimes gauge the situation and get a free hit without going deeper (those that know would understand what I mean). The main purpose of such a line however is in case a person never referenced star signs by the term 'star signs.'
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Totally just my experience. Plus in the rural town I'm from, everyone stayed away from Star Signs. They just aren't common place.

Essentially, the good news is, of you want to use star signs, you can. If you don't like to include it in your work, you don't have to.

Also, if you learn both methods, you could perform IS3 for the person even if they don't know their star sign.

Madison
Mindipulator
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
109 Posts

Profile of Mindipulator
I think it is age dependent. All those I've asked over 30 knew what it was.
But Peter gives you options so really not an issue.
IS3 still causes jaws to drop.

Dale
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
I am actually going to sleep each night dreaming about IS3....... this can't be healthy!
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2017, IAIN wrote:
If you know anything about neuro web design, it's common practice... You get something extra for getting on board early...a reward for having faith in the product...

If it's a video, a pillow case with Pete's face on it, whatever it is...it's an incentive and a kindness..

The base thing you are buying, in this case, a book... The additional stuff that Pete gives as a gift is entirely his to make...it's probably his way of saying thanks...

It is a seperate thing to the product being sold...

If there's a pillowcase with Pete's face on it I'm in. Could I have one with love hearts around the face? And maybe a unicorn. And a rainbow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL