The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12..17..22..27..32..34~35~36 [Next]
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2017, swood wrote:
For those asking: I am responsible for proofing and editing IS3, and the final layout. It's been 'finished' several times, but Pete has repeatedly refined it and added it to it. He has also filmed performance video links to help those who purchase it to learn it. I am obviously biased but it is an astonishing piece of thinking. Much of the delay has been down to me being pedantic and insisting that we nail down every aspect before it is released. I have also been away on holiday, though I continued to work on it even when I was away. To those who are concerned about the timeframe, I can only say that your patience will be rewarded and it is now in the very final stages. I have no interest in being ambiguous but I am certain that you won't be waiting much longer. After another very early morning working session, I am finally happy that the content is complete and we are in the stages of final tidying of the layout. Trust me this is almost ready to go but I will not have my name attached to it if it's not the best that it can be. It is in my opinion an incredible piece and it deserves the very best care in its production. Be patient and you will be rewarded. Pete has always operated with integrity and for myself I do not believe in messing people around. I hope that clarifies things for everyone. I may check in occasionally on this but forgive me if I don't respond to the expected deluge of questions. I want to focus on getting this out there as quickly as possible. Kind regards, Steve Wood.

You're the editor? Smile
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
That's absolutely true. His schedule is insane. He is constantly bombarded and so many people would like to work and/or correspond with him. I only really understood why when I started to work with him on this - his brain is immense and the speed at which he thinks is amazing. Most of his work on getting IS3 from his head to the page has been done on his iPhone, often on plane trips. It may seem like a glamorous life but I wouldn't want to do it. Whether you agree with him doing this or that, I believe that an element of tolerance and empathy with his situation is a price worth paying for the benefit of that brain. I understand people asking for an update and have come on to hopefully provide that for you (I'm also really busy and very rarely surface on the Café). As Mark says he will not only deliver on the physical goods, but equally on the quality of his thinking. Everyone who has seen it that has commented has raved about this routine. When he first showed it to me it was clear that it was something special, and it wasn't even being thought of as IS3 at that stage. It's been a long journey to get to this point and my hair has become even more grey than it was before. Hang in there. We are about to unleash something special.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Last laugh - yes. Editor, proofreader and also responsible for the layout. So blame me:)
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
I said I'd update where I could. Even more tweaks this week but the content is complete, proofing has been done and we're just tweaking the layout. I consider my part almost complete. It shouldn't be long before I can sign it off and it goes to the printers. I can't wait for it to get out there for everyone.
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
Appreciate the update swood!
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Yes--thank you, Steve, for the immense work on what is clearly going to be a special piece. Looking forward eagerly!

Seth
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
My pleasure. We are both so excited that this is coming out. Everything from the writing to the structure, the design and the filming of the video content has been a real labour of love and we can't wait to share it.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I know Steve - and can certify that he is a very clever gentleman.

Best,

Atlas
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
What a lovely compliment Atlas. Thank you and I can most definitely echo it back to you. I am doing what I hope is my final read through now before it goes to print, and I'm very excited that this is about to be set free.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Atlas - I can also add that your kind words mean all the more coming from someone whose work I admire greatly. Thank you again.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Pete shares with me the current draft of the trailer yesterday and it's really coming together!

I think those of its waiting don't understand just how great what we are waiting for is.

XX,
-Jacob
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
You're right Jacob. The trailer looks great. I have just completed my final read through. Save for any last minute changes I will now sign it off. Yes I'm biased but this really is a great routine. The finished project has turned out to be even stronger than I thought it would. I always knew it was good but it has grown and grown to something really special. I am sure that those who get their hands on this will be very, very happy with their purchase.
singhal5
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of singhal5
I made the payment through PayPal. Can someone confirm if it says mind services?
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2017, singhal5 wrote:
I made the payment through PayPal. Can someone confirm if it says mind services?

Yup.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Pete performed this for me last week, and it won't disappoint those of us who see him as one of the most talented creators in our field, especially those of us who revel in the jazz-potential of close-up mentalism.

I will say it again; he is also one of the most generous givers of his time and encouragement that you will ever meet.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Really looking forward to it,And I know it will be worth the wait.
Todd
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Pete just posted this teaser:

And folks, it really is that clean.

Madison
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Will this be something that's possible to be adapted to other languages other than english?
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Some of it will work straight away in another language, and a couple of parts will need to be adapted, but we are confident that it can be done (and I don't think it would be an overly complicated process to achieve that). We have included a section on how to do that in French for the main section that would need changing.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hey guys,

Thank you for your patience during the process of bringing this to a reality! I really have to thank Steve Wood for being such a legend and thoroughly ensuring this was as close to perfect as it could be. He's pulled me up on a lot of things in the book to ensure that you guys get the most out of this.

I understand that not everyone is big on reading, especially when it's in depth so I've taken the time to give all the pre-orders an indepth set of videos to complement the book.

I'm really happy (in-fact totally proud) to have got to this point with the routine flowing so smoothly and I can't wait to see some of you guys rocking with this!

I've had requests for the PDF version of the book - unfortunately this is something that we won't be doing, we have put specific things in place to keep this from the pirates and this is another step to keep it out of their hands.

The book is with Haresign press now and he's going to work his magic and they will be landing on your doorsteps. Since the release of the trailer I've had countless messages from people asking if they can pre-order and with everything going on (my office got burnt down in an arson attack + multiple consultations) I don't have the time to respond to them all so I thought I'd make a public post to address the situation.

I've talked to my team and we are going to Re-open pre-orders for one week.

The benefits of pre order are all that juicy video content (me sharing subtleties, touches and even how to work on this in your language - if your native language is not English) and a reduced price point.

The pre-order price is 30gbp inside the U.K - 35gbp outside the U.k.

PayPal -

Peterturnermentalism@hotmail.co.uk

- I just literally nailed a client over the phone with this before making this post.

Please note*** this does require taking some time to learn it's not takeaway mentalism.

Much love,

Pete x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12..17..22..27..32..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL