The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Glitch Studio present - Quiver (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..16~17~18 [Next]
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
I would like to hear from Kelvin re the "unpredictability". To use Quiver as intended you must be absolutely confident on which side is opening whether its by yourself or the spec. At the moment I don't have that confidence. Strange it worked perfectly at first !!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Whilst I haven't personally had a problem yet if a solution is provided please share it with the rest of us.
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2017, Craigers wrote:
I would like to hear from Kelvin re the "unpredictability". To use Quiver as intended you must be absolutely confident on which side is opening whether its by yourself or the spec. At the moment I don't have that confidence. Strange it worked perfectly at first !!

I also had unpredictability with mine.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If the bent tag is facing a certain way it’s impossible for the spectator to open incorrectly imo Tarik 🙂
kelvinkind
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of kelvinkind
Hi Everyone! Happy New Years to you all!

This is Kelvin with Glitch Studio. I am very sorry to hear the problem with controlling which side the spectator opens.

After playing it for a while, we find a possible cause for this problem and have made a video to address this below:
https://youtu.be/_ZZkVuLn7gs

I hope this help, and please do let us know if the problem still persist.

Kelvin Chow
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Hi Kelvin,

First I hope you have a great New Year too and thanks for the tutorial on how to solve any problems people may have with Quiver your customer service is excellent.

Would it be possible to have the link password protected ?
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
I echo the above. Thanks Kelvin, great customer service
Happy New Year to all
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Seems like this has been out of stock forever. Is there a production problem? Will these be in stock again anytime soon?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
That was a very informative video. I don't have Quiver but I am now moved to purchase it. Thank You, Kelvin.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2018, magicbrady wrote:
Seems like this has been out of stock forever. Is there a production problem? Will these be in stock again anytime soon?

No, they just sell out within 24 hours every time they are in stock.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2018, magicbrady wrote:

No, they just sell out within 24 hours every time they are in stock.

I understand that, but they have been out of stock longer than usual. I've been on wait list since before Christmas and check daily for availability. That's a long time to be out of stock. Longer than usual.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Two weeks is "longer than usual"? It seems like it would take a week, minimum, to get more in stock just from shipping, and that assumes the seller has more on hand, that can be sent out immediately.

Recall that: (1) It was a holiday - people (both ellusionist staff and Kelvin are slow to respond/on vacation) and (2) it's shipping from outside the US ... and during a very busy shipping season.

It's not at all surprising to me that there haven't been any more since Christmas.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, kelvinkind wrote:
Hi Everyone! Happy New Years to you all!

This is Kelvin with Glitch Studio. I am very sorry to hear the problem with controlling which side the spectator opens.

After playing it for a while, we find a possible cause for this problem and have made a video to address this below:
https://youtu.be/_ZZkVuLn7gs

I hope this help, and please do let us know if the problem still persist.

Kelvin Chow

I am having this exact issue. I bought 2 units and one works perfectly. The other is doing what you describe - only opening to the last position.

I tried the bending suggestions in the youtube video but still haven't fixed the issue with multiple tests.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I am not confident letting my spectator open it. It failed a few times while I tried. But in your own hand works great!
atomic111
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of atomic111
I also had the same issue. I emailed Elussionist with the issue and they said it was "normal" despite the tutorial clearly stating their is a "default" position. I find that the default position changes based on the side you last opened. According to ellusionist that is normal but I have a hard time thinking that is the case. Then the Kelvin video explanation came out saying how to fix the issue. It doesn't do it for me. In other words, ellusionist is wrong and there should be a "default" position and some of the Quivers that have gone out are bent in a way that is not normal and can not be fixed. I have a hard time buying another one when it seems to be an issue with others. Am I incorrect in my thinking?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Mine is now working although I did it by not totally understanding the verbal directions in the video. I mimicked Kelvin's actions in the video.. having it in pause frame to get a fix on which side is being bent and in which direction. Now my hidden side (the region between the flap and the exterior with the quiver logo stays concealed unless I press the trigger to show the load . If I close it and reopen it , the hidden side is hid.
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, atomic111 wrote:
I also had the same issue. I emailed Elussionist with the issue and they said it was "normal" despite the tutorial clearly stating their is a "default" position. I find that the default position changes based on the side you last opened. According to ellusionist that is normal but I have a hard time thinking that is the case. Then the Kelvin video explanation came out saying how to fix the issue. It doesn't do it for me. In other words, ellusionist is wrong and there should be a "default" position and some of the Quivers that have gone out are bent in a way that is not normal and can not be fixed. I have a hard time buying another one when it seems to be an issue with others. Am I incorrect in my thinking?

I don't think it's normal. I ordered three of these. 2 work as advertised. The other as you describe above. I get around it by making sure that when the spectator opens it, they open it to the side I want them to, (whether this has the object in it I want them to see, or nothing - which has worked thus far. I simply marked this particular purse with silver sharpie dot, so I know that this one behaves differently. I understand others' frustration with this, but in my case it works out. But I think Ellusionist should credit or replace the purses that function this way if the customer desires it.
...forever curious
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If you experiment enough with the bending process I have found all 4 of mine work perfectly . After many many uses I sometimes tweek them again incase they get slightly buckled out of place like after say 100 performances . I always have an empty spare in my back pocket anyway and once I have done the switch or whatever and show the purse empty I put it in my back pocket and occasionally bring the completely empty one out . I also have one I have made non gimmicked so only has one side . I suppose a bit over kill and a waste of the gimmick but when you have 4 it barely matters . I also as mentioned before I favour the tab so if they open then it can’t go wrong but I then flick the tab when discreetly opening as my hand covers this movement anyway Tarik 🙂
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
This deserves a Facebook group page..
atomic111
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of atomic111
A Facebook group page would be good. And to clarify my earlier comment, my Quiver does work, you just have to manage the push before handing it over. Not ideal but its not worthless. I just got a little frustrated trying to make heads or tails of which side is default.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Glitch Studio present - Quiver (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL