The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (94 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..23~24~25 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
Can't wait for the reviews!!

If I don't have the hookup "set up" then how long does it take to set up and could it be done casually in front of a spectator? Or does it require you to be in a different room?

Thanks
Sleepy

You can do it in front of them. Super easy.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:

If I don't have the hookup "set up" then how long does it take to set up and could it be done casually in front of a spectator? Or does it require you to be in a different room?

Thanks
Sleepy

You can do it in front of them. Super easy.

That's good! So I don't have to have it constantly set up and so there's a risk of it snapping!

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
One last question before I buy this.

If you do it in the jeans pockets, can a tshirt be overlapping the pockets ?? This ain't really a problem as you can adjust your t shirt so it doesn't overhang but I would still like to know!

Thanks
Sleepy
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
Allow me to share a thought of mine as being one of the early purchasers of Venom.
I have yet to receive the Venom ITR but to be honest, I would still buy this product even if the supplied ITR(s) were just the normal ones in the market, all because of the tutorial itself. The creator goes deep in details, to the extend where I smiled due to the amount of care the creator puts into the teachings. Below is a short video of me perfoming one of my favourite effects in the tutorial.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXQGyRnlhDL/

Cheers
Wayne
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Nice!

I've heard people saying that the supplied thr**d is a bit too visible and if you replace it with thinner and more invisible thr**d then you will not be able to do effects like the horizontal ring float or other effects?

Sleepy
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Quote:

Thanks
Sleepy

Once the ITR's are on you the set-up is fast and invisible in front of spectators.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Sleepy, you're asking a lot of questions ^^' I can understand your excitement but please.. I think if you're such concerned about the product, that it may not be for you, just buy a regular ITR, it will be cheaper and you will experiment with it first before going to Venom.

I can't speak since I've not received yet the Venoms but I think we should all wait that some people get it and use it before doing such comments Smile

(at the moment, only one person has received so it's hard to comment based on that)
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Sleepy, you're asking a lot of questions ^^' I can understand your excitement but please.. I think if you're such concerned about the product, that it may not be for you, just buy a regular ITR, it will be cheaper and you will experiment with it first before going to Venom.

I can't speak since I've not received yet the Venoms but I think we should all wait that some people get it and use it before doing such comments Smile

(at the moment, only one person has received so it's hard to comment based on that)

I can't blame anyone asking a lot of questions on a $160 item. Some have seen the explanation video and even though it's not in hands it's quite easy to view the workings and ease of use, especially if you are familiar with an ITR. IMHO
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:

Yes I am asking a lot of questions as I don't want to spend €150 on something and then realise that it won't work for my personal needs.

Sleepy
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I am asking a lot of questions as I don't want to spend €150 on something and then realise that it won't work for my personal needs.

Sleepy

Yes, it's fine to ask questions and to speculate but most of the questions you are asking are better suited to shooting a message to ellusionist or too pm someone that has the unit, not ask in a public forum. It has been made quite clear what you receive by both the information in the thread as well as the promo video. You get two very high quality, reels that work together with.a specific type of hookup to allow what you see in the trailer. This is no more, no less. Now, they look to be the best mechanical reels I have seen which is why I bought this, but they operate as 'normal' reels with the same limitation, they just improve on the design. That should be enough for you to base you buying decision.

Eli
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, elimagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sleepy

Yes, it's fine to ask questions and to speculate but most of the questions you are asking are better suited to shooting a message to ellusionist or too pm someone that has the unit, not ask in a public forum. It has been made quite clear what you receive by both the information in the thread as well as the promo video. You get two very high quality, reels that work together with.a specific type of hookup to allow what you see in the trailer. This is no more, no less. Now, they look to be the best mechanical reels I have seen which is why I bought this, but they operate as 'normal' reels with the same limitation, they just improve on the design. That should be enough for you to base you buying decision.

Eli

Sorry, disagree. This is the perfect forum to ask these questions. A lot of people don't want to drop $150 without being sure what they're buying. There's much more exposure all over this forum than here in this thread. It's not like there are thousands of laymen lurking around here searching for answers to this, and if by some crazy reason they are then they're probably highly interested in learning magic.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Okay then. I'll limit my questions for those guys who many not be comfortable with it. Sorry for asking too many questions

Thanks
Sleepy
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ Yeah, it was a bunch of questions but some it were things I had in mind as well so I'm glad you asked them. All good in my opinion. What does it matter if its one person asking all the questions versus many different people?

Anyway, looking forward to more reviews as well.

I'm on the fence myself.. It looks amazing, but like others have said, it's still an ITR (or two). Though granted, the hook up seems to be the main innovation.

I've messed around with Invisible, Loops and the Spider Pen and ultimately ended up not really using it.

That said, if this as easy to get in and out of as some are saying, the unique effects one can do with this may be worth checking it out.

I'll probably cave in soon Smile
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
Okay then. I'll limit my questions for those guys who many not be comfortable with it. Sorry for asking too many questions

Thanks
Sleepy

I just wanted you to understand that it may be easier to post all your questions to somebody at E, and then come back here to post the answers.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Sleepy

I just wanted you to understand that it may be easier to post all your questions to somebody at E, and then come back here to post the answers.

Sorry Alex, but you sound a bit controlling. Sleepy you have not asked anything that can be figured out by laymen if there were to stumble here, they would get more from YouTube. They have marketed this device in full view except for the hook-up, besides that I think they would welcome these questions and discussion as long as the hook-up particulars and routine secrets weren't divulged. I say ask away, make magic great again. Smile My 2c.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
To get back on topic, the hook up (from shirt or jeans) won't interfere your daily routine. I think the jean one will be a little bit more "intrusive" (if you place your hands in your pocket for example) but still good. I'm not sure about having a Tee Shirt overlapping on your jean pockets, I will be able to answer this after having trying it out.

That's also the point, we can't answer everything just by watching the instructions video ! So maybe wait reviews from people who used it in real rather than asking everything when the device isn't out in most people's hand Smile

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
One of my friends purchased this and I got the opportunity to go through the teaching video. I wanted to chip in with my opinion on 'Venom' but before that let me mention that Wayne Liew has summarized this new release very well and to the point. It's sort of a complete review IMO. May I please quote Wayne Liew:-

Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, Wayne Liew wrote:

Allow me to share a thought of mine as being one of the early purchasers of Venom.

* I have yet to receive the Venom ITR but to be honest, I would still buy this product even if the supplied ITR(s) were just the normal ones in the market, all because of the tutorial itself.

* The creator goes deep in details, to the extend where I smiled due to the amount of care the creator puts into the teachings. Below is a short video of me perfoming one of my favourite effects in the tutorial.

After watching the Venom video and as I understand it, I fully agree with Wayne. One can very much perform all the effects using the normally available ITRs on the market. However one needs to replace the t****d with much . * . * . * . and you are set. This, as I believe (since Wayne says that he has still not received the Venom ITR), has been practically tried and tested by Wayne in his video performing one of his favorite Venom effect.

However to perform the various Venom effects (once again like Wayne mentions) one MUST know and learn the various clever and unique thread techniques taught on the teaching video.

As regards to the actual Venom prop, hook-up and the dress I have MY OWN thinking and opinion. It would have been much better if, along with the pen clip, a similar safety-pin attachment was also provided. This would have increased the versatility of the prop for different kinds of hook-up. And as for the hook-up, I feel it would have been much better and easy to work with the Venom using my armpit method (I had mentioned this hook-up here on the Café almost 12 years ago). For this kind of a hook-up one just needs a simple & casual dress code i.e. darkish T-Shirt and a simple front open checkered shirt/ bush-shirt over the T-shirt.

Quote:
On Jul 31, 2017, RayLogan wrote:

Is this similar to the Surya Device? I believe that is a two ITR system as well.

In the past I've used one ITR in the inside jacket pocket and anchored to the other side to keep it close and invisible. This will be much better!

IMO Surya's Device can't be used for smoothly performing the various Venom effects.

And as for using a single ITR for these effects, I feel it will work but it will also need a much stronger (thus thicker) thread due to the excessive tension coming on the thread. With Venom this tension is almost equally balanced between the two props.

Just my personal opinion on the Venom.

Thank you and continue please . . . Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
gazandboys
View Profile
New user
birmingham uk
5 Posts

Profile of gazandboys
Hi guys can anyone name the music used in venom video? Great video great music will be ordering this,not many posts on here but used loops many times so hoping the the routines are within my skill level
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
One of my friends purchased this and I got the opportunity to go through the teaching video. I wanted to chip in with my opinion on 'Venom' but before that let me mention that Wayne Liew has summarized this new release very well and to the point. It's sort of a complete review IMO. May I please quote Wayne Liew:-

Quote:

* I have yet to receive the Venom ITR but to be honest, I would still buy this product even if the supplied ITR(s) were just the normal ones in the market, all because of the tutorial itself.

* The creator goes deep in details, to the extend where I smiled due to the amount of care the creator puts into the teachings. Below is a short video of me perfoming one of my favourite effects in the tutorial.

After watching the Venom video and as I understand it, I fully agree with Wayne. One can very much perform all the effects using the normally available ITRs on the market. However one needs to replace the t****d with much . * . * . * . and you are set. This, as I believe (since Wayne says that he has still not received the Venom ITR), has been practically tried and tested by Wayne in his video performing one of his favorite Venom effect.

However to perform the various Venom effects (once again like Wayne mentions) one MUST know and learn the various clever and unique thread techniques taught on the teaching video.

As regards to the actual Venom prop, hook-up and the dress I have MY OWN thinking and opinion. It would have been much better if, along with the pen clip, a similar safety-pin attachment was also provided. This would have increased the versatility of the prop for different kinds of hook-up. And as for the hook-up, I feel it would have been much better and easy to work with the Venom using my armpit method (I had mentioned this hook-up here on the Café almost 12 years ago). For this kind of a hook-up one just needs a simple & casual dress code i.e. darkish T-Shirt and a simple front open checkered shirt/ bush-shirt over the T-shirt.

Quote:
On Jul 31, 2017, RayLogan wrote:

Is this similar to the Surya Device? I believe that is a two ITR system as well.

In the past I've used one ITR in the inside jacket pocket and anchored to the other side to keep it close and invisible. This will be much better!

IMO Surya's Device can't be used for smoothly performing the various Venom effects.

And as for using a single ITR for these effects, I feel it will work but it will also need a much stronger (thus thicker) thread due to the excessive tension coming on the thread. With Venom this tension is almost equally balanced between the two props.

Just my personal opinion on the Venom.

Thank you and continue please . . . Smile

Smile

Ustaad, thanks as always for your input, much appreciated.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Quote:
I have yet to receive the Venom ITR but to be honest, I would still buy this product even if the supplied ITR(s) were just the normal ones in the market, all because of the tutorial itself. The creator goes deep in details, to the extend where I smiled due to the amount of care the creator puts into the teachings. Below is a short video of me perfoming one of my favourite effects in the tutorial.

Cheers
Wayne

Wayne, I didn't see your video until Ustaad mentioned it, sorry I passed it by. It was really excellent and I love the walking ring on fingers, very nice. If any on here hasn't watched it you should. You certainly showed it's the hook-up and routine that makes Venom great. Even after seeing the hook-up tutorial I would still buy the Venom ITRs and give the creator his due. I can't wait for mine to arrive even though I could use two of my ITRs my IT is light and most likely wouldn't hold up, and I hate fixing them... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (94 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL