The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stonehenge Coin Assembly (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
258 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
Stonehenge Coin Assembly can be learned from both "David Roth's Expert Coin Magic" by Richard Kaufman and also Volume 8 of the New York Coin Magic Seminar. Even though I enjoyed watching David Roth perform the routine and really love coin assemblies using cards to cover the coins, I was not initially all that interested in learning it, mainly because I didn't want to spend the time getting the postcards and searching for a stone - let alone carrying them around if I wanted to perform it. Since I'm really studying "Expert Coin Magic" I forced myself to come up with something that I could do for practice and ended up with a presentation that I think has some potential. Here is is.

Constructive criticism is always welcome!

Dave
Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
258 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
Forgot to mention a couple of things. The original write up is for a standing at the table routine. I altered it because pulling my camera back for the flurry section made it harder to see the magic on the table while focusing on the table made some of the flurry go out of frame.

Also, I have an idea where after all four coins have assembled I get an accomplice to call my phone.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Great that you got a version of that routine into action. Smile

There's an app which rings your phone on a timer. Windows and Android.
The phone can play a larger role in your routines as a seemingly ill-timed distraction.

:)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I used to perform this. Where did you find the postcards?
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Stonehenge is the best, in my opinion. Nice work, except I think that the first spider grip vanish, if that's what it was, your hands are too far apart before you go into it. you move one arm quite a ways just to vanish a coin.

Looks awesome, all in all.
Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
258 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
Quote:
I used to perform this. Where did you find the postcards?

I just cut some cardboard stock into 5 inch by 7 inch rectangles rather than using postcards. I had considered printing out some photos from the internet and pasting them on top and then laminating the card stock, even maybe finding some photos of some nearby mountains and using a different presentation to the Stonehenge Roth presentation. But since my point was just to practice through the routine a bit, not necessarily to perform it, I just went with the black card stock. It matches my final load's color.

Quote:
Nice work, except I think that the first spider grip vanish, if that's what it was, your hands are too far apart before you go into it. you move one arm quite a ways just to vanish a coin.

I think you might be referring to the first vanish, which is actually a basic retention vanish. Looking at it again, it does look a bit like a move. If I were to refine this a bit I think I would also add looking at the coin first to focus the spectator's attention, then looking up a split second later (John Ramsey style misdirection).

If you mean the second vanish, which is a spider vanish, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Thanks for the encouragement and help, everyone.

Dave
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Nice routine, very well done
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stonehenge Coin Assembly (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL