The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Roughing Balm from Neo Inception any good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Recoplon
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
I've seen this recently: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23023

Has anybody tried it? Any improvement over the roughing sticks?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2044 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I have some on the way, should be arriving in a few days. I'll be happy to post my thoughts.

I did a comparison when the V-Inc roughing stick came out, putting it side by side with the older Robson roughing stick. The V-Inc stick was HIGHLY improved.

Interested to see how the balm compares. I'm hoping that if nothing else, it's just something that's a little easier to carry and apply on the fly due to the size and shape of the container.
Kevin Reylek
Recoplon
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Great to know that you'll get and test it! Indeed seems clean to carry and apply, just wondering if it works any good.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2708 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I am looking forward to hearing how well this works.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2708 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Has anyone tried this yet? I am curious if it holds up well.
MitchC
View Profile
Loyal user
Ventura CA
285 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Anyone have this and can comment pros / cons over Robson's Roughing Stick ?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2044 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I got it and tested it out on one deck. It's very similar to the Robson stick (the vanishing inc version, not the older version) in many ways. The container is like a big lip balm, probably about twice as long and twice as wide.

It's convenient that it has a cap and you don't touch the stick itself during application. It makes it a little easier to throw into your pocket or close up case. But in terms of how it works, they're more or less the same from the limited amount I've used it so far.
Kevin Reylek
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3736 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Thanks for getting back Kevin. Good to know, it probably will be worth getting just for the ease of carrying around (for a quick "on the go" fix / touch up) and the fact that it is encased and not messy helps. I just might need to try it out one of these days.
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2693 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Better than spray as far as breathing and health Id assume
Why call it common sense when it's so rare ?
SandwichMan
View Profile
New user
China
75 Posts

Profile of SandwichMan
I'm sure it's pricey for its convenience. I bought some spray from Wal Mart for around $4 when I made my first Invisible Deck.
Music is meaningless if it cannot be FELT be cannot it if meaningless is magic.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
1577 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
The roughing stick, at least the Robson one, has some advantages over spray beyond the application. You can treat a single card instead of a pair and still get a roughing effect, also , if you treat a little heavier, you can use it to stick cards together.

Curious if the Neo stuff also has that property?
LL=MM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Roughing Balm from Neo Inception any good? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL