The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » How big is yours? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindacrossrhino
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of mindacrossrhino
I am currently putting together a 'one' rope routine, based around Fiber Optics and some of Daryl's work. I am just starting out and note that Richard uses a 9" rope for the small length. I have seen Jamie D. Grant mention that he prefers a smaller size when performing Fiber Optics, and wondered if there was any consensus on the best size for the small length?

I am practising currently with a 9" rope, and can obviously experiment for myself, however thought canvassing opinion may save some time with the experimentation.

As usual sorry if this has been covered before (though couldn't see anything when searching).

Many thanks
Simon
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
572 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I use a slightly smaller rope. My hands are smaller. I think it was Daryl that recommended that you spread your fingers and make the small rope the length of the span between the tip of your thumb and little finger. That's what I use.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
mindacrossrhino
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of mindacrossrhino
Thanks Ted, 9" feels a little long to me (though I have no real experience for comparison) so was curious to see if others also found smaller better. The tip re. hand span is really helpful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » How big is yours? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL