The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Caveman (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caveman
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Caveman
Hello All,

I thought I'd introduce myself, since I've been lurking for years, and recently find myself posting now and again. I like all magic and mentalism a lot, since I was a kid, but...since I'm a recluse with a dark side, and come off as a bit of a weirdo at times, the bizarre is easily my favorite. I guess I'm a hobbyist, by most peoples' definitions, however, I see myself more as a dude that can show people something fascinating, maybe even amazing, if I want to create that experience. My favorite magical experiences have been when I wasn't expecting them, when someone creates the unexpected in the real world. More than anything, I enjoy readings. I dream about being a streetside tarot reader in India...or NYC...or Ethiopia, but I'm not sure how to do that and feed the wife and kids at the same time; now my dark sense of humor creeps in, hehe. Anyways, I ramble....hello all, hope to converse more with you in the near future. This forum has been an incredible resource, and I've always appreciated the wisdom and insight that is shared here. Thanks!

Caveman
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3723 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2017, Caveman wrote:
Hello All,

I guess I'm a hobbyist, by most peoples' definitions,...

You'll find no hobbyist here, only Hobbits...and wizards.
Caveman
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Caveman
Good, I'm a wizard in my own eyes! You're a wizard too Mr. Chelman....I appreciate your work very much, you've inspired me greatly!!
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
Glad to have ya! I've enjoyed our chats, do you remember? Yogi as in the bear (maybe a year ago.)
We give them everything we can when we do our best. Glad to see such enthusiasm. It's such a wonderful art!
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
572 Posts

Profile of TH1
Welcome to Spooky!
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4548 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome to the dark side Caveman. The coolest people in the Café sit at this table. (Well, at least I think so).
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Caveman
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Caveman
Thanks very much guys, I appreciate it!

Yes Yogi I certainly do remember, thanks for your positive energy!
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
561 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2017, The Curator wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2017, Caveman wrote:
Hello All,

I guess I'm a hobbyist, by most peoples' definitions,...

You'll find no hobbyist here, only Hobbits...and wizards.

Thanks Curator - you just made my day - I'm happy to be relaxing and exchanging thoughts with you all in the Shire
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
481 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Velkommen! Glad to meet you.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1871 Posts

Profile of chmara
Welcome -- and as far as feeding a wife and children, often when starting, a regular job helps.

To make this work full time -- you need the showmanship of Tobin, the rigor of Riggs, the savvy of Osterlind and a healthy, confident sense of self. You also need marketing skills beyond the old idea of "location, location, location."

MY OPINION: Do not get heavily into believing in your supernatural abilities and your mind's ability to convince you that what we do is real and infallible. Learn the craft for what it is -- a mix of showmanship, artifice, superstition and salesmanship.

Welcome to the group -- and remember there are other groups in support of specialities of bizzare.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Schaff
View Profile
New user
Fargo, ND
87 Posts

Profile of Schaff
Welcome aboard!
Caveman
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Caveman
Thanks very much for the hospitality guys,

"as far as feeding a wife and children, often when starting, a regular job helps."

I do have one of those, hehe...that was kind of my point, the dream is to be a mystic vagabond, but that kind of contradicts my current responsibilities. It's all good, I'm blessed to have such a lovely family!

Thanks again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Caveman (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL