The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Inspiration (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Though I haven't posted much, I have been following many threads here.
I've been playing, practicing, rehearsing lots of coin magic.

School is starting in a few weeks. I find magic a great way to break the ice.
Also it makes hall duty a bit less tedious. Contrary to some performers, I believe teens are great audiences.
A more true statement might be they are for this "Reader and Righter".

Thanks all for keeping it real.

Harris
Still too old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I have had the good fortune in my life to have done some interesting things, one of them is to have taught college. I would open every semester with a little bit of magic, and then bits & pieces throughout the classes to spice up the interest. The kids loved it and would wonder about it all the way through.

I remember once discussing politics with them and doing a little SOH coin stuff to illustrate things. Afterwards, I would always say to the students, "If I can do all that right in front of you, what do you think is going on all behind your back in Washington?" I think they got the lesson of it all in a lasting way to wonder upon hopefully from then to now, every now & again. Smile

I have always done magic in all my doings in life, from doing magic for little kids to big kids, and that would just about cover all of us I would think. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Inspiration (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL