The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Forcing an odd backed card (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ma91cm1ke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of ma91cm1ke
I've always found this to be a tough one.
Anyone have any suggestions other than a face up Hindu Shuffle or a risky face up Classic Force,
thanks in advance

Michael
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
You can riffle force or dribble force the bottom card of the top half of the deck. Just lift at the cut to show the face of the card.
ma91cm1ke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of ma91cm1ke
Sorry Rick I should have mentioned I'm specifically thinking of a routine where the deck will change colour, so the backs of the majority of the deck can't be seen.
Thanks for taking the time to respond but again, my fault for not being clear in the first place!

Michael
RyanWhiteside
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of RyanWhiteside
As rick said you could do a face up dribble force, keeping a break in the middle with your thumb, as soon as you see them say stop drop at the break?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Marlo's Open Hockley.
Close's MC Spread DL.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Tomas Blomberg's TB double is perfect for this.

ETA: Nevermind, I missed where you said the backs can't be shown. A faceup Fechter timing force is a great option.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Or, a peek force!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
THIS SI A GREAT FORCE BY JOSHUA JAY IT BELIEVE IT IS CALLED A DESCENDANT FORCE FORCE NOT SURE
it is awonderful fores fro ringing in a different color back card I use it all the time https://youtu.be/E1vsJlmka-I

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Hey Vinny, he said he can't show the backs of the cards.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Bannon does a force that will work for you. It's part of "Strangers Gallery". Youtube has several videos of people performing it. Its the one where the the deck is face up and beveled and you run your thumb along the long edge.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
ma91cm1ke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of ma91cm1ke
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2017, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Bannon does a force that will work for you. It's part of "Strangers Gallery". Youtube has several videos of people performing it. Its the one where the the deck is face up and beveled and you run your thumb along the long edge.

This is good. I had forgotten about this so thank you, exactly the sort of thing I'm after.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Classic Force
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I use Vinny's Giggle Force
Lakewood, Ohio
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
If you have The Magic book by H. Lorayne, there is a trick that's perfect for that
Gamblor
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gamblor
Alex Hansford has a method with the Touch Force
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
With the deck face up and a break above the odd-backed force card (in the middle of the deck), do the timing force in which you cut off small packets of cards. When done properly, the spectator stops you when the force card is either on the face of the tabled packets or face of the talon. Forgive me for not knowing the credit for this force.

A better way to do this is hold the break as above, but instead of cutting packets, spread off groups of 4-5 cards at a time and table them. Much more natural and free from guile.

I typically have the card replaced and cull it to the back of the deck so you can immediately turn the deck face down and keep the odd back visible without any shuffles. It's very disarming.

T.J.
ma91cm1ke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of ma91cm1ke
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2017, ThomasJ wrote:
With the deck face up and a break above the odd-backed force card (in the middle of the deck), do the timing force in which you cut off small packets of cards. When done properly, the spectator stops you when the force card is either on the face of the tabled packets or face of the talon. Forgive me for not knowing the credit for this force.

A better way to do this is hold the break as above, but instead of cutting packets, spread off groups of 4-5 cards at a time and table them. Much more natural and free from guile.

I typically have the card replaced and cull it to the back of the deck so you can immediately turn the deck face down and keep the odd back visible without any shuffles. It's very disarming.

T.J.

Very nice T.J thanks for this.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2017, ThomasJ wrote:

According to Michael Skinner, Eddie Fechter was already performing this force in the 1960s. Don't know if Fechter created it though.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Wichita slip?
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
787 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
Check out John Bannon's book Smoke and Mirrors
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Forcing an odd backed card (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL