The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » David and Goliath (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
371 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Any ideas for David and Goliath using silks?
torben
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of torben
Not with silks. But Barry Mitchell made this routine some years ago: https://www.gospelmagic.com/collections/......ich-rock

/Torben
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
545 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Just an off the cuff idea:

Show 2 silks: One is a dark blue 36". The other is a yellow 9". The story is told as the 36" represents Goliath and the 9" represents David.
After telling the story and holding up each silk during the appropriate times they are placed in a switching device. Talk about how David was actually the stronger, more brave one over Goliath because he had God fighting the battle for him... in contrast, Goliath didn't have what it takes to fight except his size.
Remove the silks from the switching device and their sizes have changed: The dark blue is now a 9" and the yellow is now 36" From God's perspective, David was going to be the winner.

Just a quick idea, but now that I'm typing this up, it might find it's way into my kids church and possibly the pages of an upcoming lecture notes and/or the VOICE Smile
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
371 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Thanks for the help. I put together something with the Giant and Dwarf trick and then a silk trick for salvation.
Russo
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Russo
Have the Gient & Dwarf - good Idea- though at 80 don't do much any more - just share experiences , effects , and Ideas, Blessing to ALL.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
545 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Glad you came up with something - I want to say I used a version of the Dwarf and Giant for David and Goliath a few years ago... I just don't remember what it was Smile

Blessings!
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
7576 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have an effect called "Five Smooth Stones" - David is told he must select fives stones in preparation for battle
He dumps out his pouch and discovers he has six and must get rid of one. The audience chooses the one that must go. The others are returned to his pouch.

The selected stone is held in the fingertips and completely seen. It is tossed into the air and visibly changes to a silk of the same color as the chosen stone, that flutters like a bird to the floor. You are clean!

Message can be that miracles happen when the exact prophesy is followed, or other -- or just and incredible bit of magic to focus attention for your next message.

Note: the pouch can be on the table from the start or handed to you by a spectator. You just have to find six different colored stones and learn the method.
I have done this a dozen times over the last 20 years for religious and mixed audiences and it has always "killed" Smile
Many have said it is the most dramatic transformation of an object they have ever experienced.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
545 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Where did you get the "Five Smooth Stones" effect?
This sounds brilliant!
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
7576 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2017, jamiedoyle wrote:
Where did you get the "Five Smooth Stones" effect?
This sounds brilliant!

it is my own creation based on the disMbody Principle. Write me at ken@eversway.com
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
545 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
I just emailed you.
Thanks!
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » David and Goliath (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL