The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Arnold McDonald vs Thumbtack Fifi (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
That's some nice mucks. Is that bottom card only switch legitimately a single card switch or a trick?
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
No trick, pure technique. Extremely useful for forcing cards. Usually done face down and one of the 3 mucking technique I use.
No use in real gambling but can be done with a table border and can be done 360° surrounded. Can be done in slow motion if needed.
Hope you like the music Smile
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
I know it's pure technique. I meant if it was legitimately a single bottom card switch or both cards were switched but the top card is a duplicate.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, The Curator wrote:
:spoon: Smile Smile Smile Smile
And now an interlude.
I know, it's a magician's thing, but waiting for the next demo, I've the pleasure of offering you a little interlude music. Smile
You probably won't enjoy the moves (very useful in magic and mentalism, believe me), but music is nice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMBFaArc-Ak

Enjoyed watching you work, as usual. The music is nice also. Only thing is, since reading your posts and looking at the coffee cups, I was so tempted that I now have coffee coming out of my ears.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, MarcoLostSomething wrote:

"Can anyone on this BB, either active or inactive, do this stack as just stated with RRSR followed by a final cut, after releasing the deck prior to the final cut, and do so deceptively?"

Arnold does that, but then again you said that is a magician type demo...

Okay, that is fair. You evidently are sincere and took the time to phrase your question in detail. I was a little cryptic in my original response because I really don't like addressing statements made by Arnold or anyone else, through a third party, if they no longer post on this BB because that person can't respond. I would think if someone has the courage of his convictions, he should post those convictions here for discussion and not through a third party.

Here is Arnold's statement and my response from my post of Aug. 28, 2017:

Quote:
But my friend, the fiery Christian Chelman, took up the challenge, so... He did it the Magic way? I'll do it the Gambling way!

(Keep in mind he is referring to his demo stack for a 10 handed game with the final card for a set coming out on fifth street. Stacking for 5 hands is child's play.)

I responded to Arnold's statement in this manner:

Quote:
Although Arnold performed the demo skillfully and proficiently, he did it the "magician" demonstrator way regardless of what he professes...

What I question is he is boastfully inferring this is more than a magician/demo. What he is saying is The Curator is doing it the way a magician would demo it, but he (Arnold) is not. I take umbrage with that.

Yes, it is a demo. Yes, he did it well but it is a magician demo which is okay. While I only looked at it once, from memory if you stack for 5 hands, then do a butt "simulated riffle" shuffle (which was a completely different looking shuffle from his previous looking shuffles and had a suspicious change of pace and technique) to make the stack come out 10 handed, and the first two cards come out on the fifth hand to make the final card for the set come out on fifth street, then it is a magician demo.

Further, it you then use poker sized paper cards when virtually all professional poker games use plastics, and usually bridge sized plastics with white boarders and moreover incorrectly state that poker games are not played 9 or 10 handed and the RRSRC is not standard in professional games (because it is not used in the amateur games he plays in which are somehow more "valid,") than that is boastful demonstrator BS talk and shows a lack of knowledge and/or truthfulness regarding real world gambling.

To clarify further, it is his boastful inference that what he does would fly in professional games that I questioned and that he is not a magician/demonstrator or performer and not the fact that he did a decent demo. But can the method shown send the initial stacked cards to a partner sitting any seat at the table in a 9 or 10 handed game and still have the final card show on fifth street using RRSRC? I leave that for you to figure that out.

So, here is my suggestion.

Go back and read the original post I made of August 28 in which I discussed Arnold statements made through a surrogate.

Then I would read Demo Moves and Getting the Money Under Fire, especially the first post on that thread using the link below:

After that, if you still have any questions, post your thoughts or comments again and we will take another look at it.

Fair enough?

Here is the link: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0at
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Public, private gaming houses, amateur gaming, and magic are four different worlds and when these meet there is bound to be confusion. To avoid confusion, speak of whichever world you are from and mind your own business.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, tommy wrote:
Public, private gaming houses, amateur gaming, and magic are four different worlds and when these meet there is bound to be confusion. To avoid confusion, speak of whichever world you are from and mind your own business.

It's exactly what I did, I think. I'm a magician interested by the theatrical aspect of a show based on gambling. Is that clear enough or do I have to repeat again?
Having answered to this charming simple little challenge with a video, I'd like to see other people doing their versions. Don't worry, I don't need any explanation... I'm just curious.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@The Curator: Had a chance to look at your mucks again. Switching the bottom card of two and switching the middle card of three I found to be especially interesting. Once again, nice work.

Now, time for another cup of coffee. Smile
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
@ Cagliostro @Curator

I also found those two moves are quite interesting and technically very difficult at least for me. That's why I asked the above questions.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The public, the private gaming houses, the amateur, and magic are different worlds and when these meet there is bound to be confusion. To avoid confusion, speak of whichever world you are from and mind your business.

Please read it all again and perhaps this time get someone to help you come to terms with some of the more difficult concepts.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
I'm from the magic world who's also very interested in gambling related (either real or demo) sleights and concepts.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
So you are going to speak of write and give your opinion about other worlds you are not from as if you knew everything about them like Cag does?

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, tommy wrote:
So you are going to speak of write and give your opinion about other worlds you are not from as if you knew everything about them like Cag does?

I learned everything I know from Dan Madison...ergo...I know everything. It is just that simple.

I realize this is a difficult concept for some to grasp, so perhaps it would be best to read it three of four times to fully understand, or at least to minimally comprehend... Smile
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Chelman is playing you guys, as bizarre magicians tend to do.

I'm a bit surprised at who's dancing to his fiddle!
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Magicians are forbidden to have opinions in this section? When did I sound like I knew everything in the gambling world? I know very little that's why I come here!
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, SimonCard wrote:
Magicians are forbidden to have opinions in this section? When did I sound like I knew everything in the gambling world? I know very little that's why I come here!

Chelman is a lame, you'll never learn anything of value from him.

In fact, all he can ever do is teach you more magic tricks. If that's what you want to learn, Chelman is your guy, he's certainly a fine bizarre magician.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, Mr. Bones wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, SimonCard wrote:

Chelman is a lame, you'll never learn anything of value from him.

In fact, all he can ever do is teach you more magic tricks. If that's what you want to learn, Chelman is your guy, he's certainly a fine bizarre magician.

8 posts, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Funny.
Please show your talent prior to any discussion.
If you need, you may even use one of those https://www.bikesmiles.com/pages/getsleeved
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Speaking of backgammon Curator, do you know where we can find missing pieces?

ie

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Wr0AAOSwuMZZLX4s/s-l1600.jpg

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, The Curator wrote:

If you need, you may even use one of those https://www.bikesmiles.com/pages/getsleeved

Thanks for the heads up on Tattoo Sleeves. I was trying to figure out how to have tattoos all over my arms so I can be recognized as a true card table manipulator but not permanently mutilate myself? I was thinking of buying huge ornate rings on all my fingers but like this idea better. This solves the tattoo problem nicely.

Yup, you can only find this valuable info on the Gambling Spot. Hummm...I wonder if they have anything for facial tattoo "pseudo" mutilation. Facial tattoos signify added manipulative excellence in my opinion. Smile
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, Mr. Bones wrote:
Chelman is playing you guys, as bizarre magicians tend to do.

I'm a bit surprised at who's dancing to his fiddle!

Yes, I certainly am... but it has a nice beat.

BaDoom, Badoom, Badoom doom doom... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Arnold McDonald vs Thumbtack Fifi (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL