The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision - the card spread analyzer (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2018, Martin_Eisele wrote:
I don't know yet. I'm very focused on the iPhone at the moment. I have to see how great the demand for Android is and then decide.

I'd instantly buy it, Martin! Echt jetzt! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
There are a lot more "Androïds" on the market than "Apples"...
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
I know that there are much more Android phones out there than iPhones. But it was and is my impression, that amongst magicians the iPhone ist the #1 - maybe I'm wrong...

Most of the code I have can be re-used. But the the whole interfacing with the hardware and the GUI needs to be redone, which is also a lot of work.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
I have been waiting for an Android version of this since it was released. Even if Android users are not a majority among magicians, I'm sure there is huge demand for an Android version. I understand it's a lot of work. I'll continue to wait patiently hoping you'll decide to work on the Android version.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
ACAAN: (Voice Controlled)

I have added two new modes to the Voice-Control feature of Vision:Tricks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_eApOlt8Uk

In combination with the Vision app, ACAAN can be performed from a shuffled deck!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is certainly the most futuristic version of the ACAAN I have ever seen.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
God stuff!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, Martin_Eisele wrote:
I know that there are much more Android phones out there than iPhones. But it was and is my impression, that amongst magicians the iPhone ist the #1 - maybe I'm wrong...

A self-fulfilling prophecy. It is entirely possible that, because iOS is easier to develop apps for, more are released for that platform, and magicians switch to iPhone to be able to use those apps.
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Here is the review regarding Vision from David Penn and Sean Heydon from the 'Wizard Product Review':

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-fzEsWGWKs%26t=921
paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, Martin_Eisele wrote:

Most of the code I have can be re-used. But the the whole interfacing with the hardware and the GUI needs to be redone, which is also a lot of work.

Another Android user here and I'd be an instant purchase too.
There are a ton of amazing magical effects you can do on Android which aren't available on Apple. I know many (many) full time pros who don't use Apple.

Ask Greg Rostami about Android and Apple. He develops for both.
magicianphiltay
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham / UK
118 Posts

Profile of magicianphiltay
Looks good. But at a high price point of $65 and then to add a additional bolt ons is a strange marketing tactic that isn't really going to work.

I would have purchased the app for $65 if it also included 1 or 2 tricks and then after I'd found the value I would have been more likely to buy additional features.

You would sell a lot more if you had thought about this some-more. For me Im out !! What a shame. Unless you offer 1 of the tricks as a standard package, I see this app dying a death.

Rgds
Magic is not the suspension of reality, but the expansion of possibility, inviting us to question the limits of what we believe to be true.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Another vote for Android!
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Magicianphiltay: Thanks or your thoughts - I'll try to explain:

I'm not a marketing guy and I thought that I make it fair. Vision is a tool which is high-tech and is the first of its kind. It should sell at a price above $1000. When I decided to release, I wanted to make it fair and easy. Due to this I made a very fair 'introductory phase price'. As stated in the description text of the app in the app store, the price will go up. I haven't not finally decided when exactly, but soon.

When I released it, I added the Vision:Tricks app as a bonus for free with several tools and utilities (e.g. red and black, show missing card and tour de stack). I think this a very fair selection of free stuff and is exactly what you have requested. Having some free stuff and decide to buy additional ones. After releasing Vision I have added / developed further tricks as Voice-Control and Shuffle-Bored. I think it is obvious, that I can't make all future developments for free and that I have to charge something for these. And $11 for these is very fair and cheap.

Having them separately, everybody can decide what they want and what not. I know, that I can't please everybody. And if you don't like it or don't understand my concept / my way, I have to accept. For me, I know, that I have created something where I know, that I will never get an appropriate amount of money for this work, but I released it anyway.

Vision by itself is a great tool which also brings a lot of functionality. Please don’t see it as Part A, and that you need Part B. I see it more in a way, that Part A is great by itself and Part B is an optional thing which makes it even better.

I have heard this argument a couple of times, but it is hard to change now. I could have started with $99 or $149 for Vision and make all the other utilities for free - but would that be better? Just see it the other way around. You get a very good and fair deal on Vision and with just a small amount of money you can add more fun to it.

I hope you understand all of that.

Best regards
Martin
RichHead
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of RichHead
I download app from iTunes. The in -app screen appears but is frozen so I cannot proceed to a purchase. Any ldeas? My iPad is under a year old and I have the latest op system.
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
This is strange, I haven't heared of this before! A frozen screen is something which usually does not happen on an apple device.
I only know, that it can sometimes take a while, until the credentials (Apple ID) is checked... (maybe wait 1 minute or so!?)

Other ideas:
* Do you have maybe too many apps opened (low memory)?
Try double-tapping the home button and close the open apps by swiping them up. Then try again.

* Try to restart / reboot the device then try again.

Please let me know, if this helped.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Bought the card tracker app ,to play about with it as I thought it worked with your app in one of the functions ,got to say the must disappointing app I bought in a long time
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, gassaox wrote:
Bought the card tracker app ,to play about with it as I thought it worked with your app in one of the functions ,got to say the must disappointing app I bought in a long time

The app does work with Vision. What problems are you having; can I help?
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Quote:

As Marc stated it works perfectly with Vision. In the following video you get a good idea on how it works.
https://youtu.be/bMr3LRfvlAw

Please let me/us know, how we can help!
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, Martin_Eisele wrote:
Quote:

As Marc stated it works perfectly with Vision. In the following video you get a good idea on how it works.
https://youtu.be/bMr3LRfvlAw

Please let me/us know, how we can help!
sorry ok after watching video I got how it works now ,sorry about that
Olivier7
View Profile
New user
London
60 Posts

Profile of Olivier7
Such a pity that there is no android version. Seriously...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision - the card spread analyzer (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL