The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Frog Prince by Michael Close (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Was rethinking about this effect earlier today and thought about the necessary action you need to do to perform this routine, this will make sense if you know the routine, after card is folded into origami frog and you do the gags about standing on head, breakdancing etc, you then say he can even jump through hoops, as you go to your inside left jacket pocket for the hoop of steel, you do what you need to do with the frog card as you go for the hoop, hope this makes sense, never been that comfortable with the Tamariz ctgs
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I meant to say the move that I was explaining is not an open ...... but a covered one by the opening of the jacket for the hoop, again hope this makes sense?
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Sure - instead of a sh*ttle pa*s or a Tamariz ctgs, you're basically using the mechanics of a deck sw*tch. I've never had an issue with the core move though, so I can't comment on using anything else in performance, but I don't see why it wouldn't work just fine (I've found the Tamariz ctgs to be more of a magician's guilt thing - once I started doing it a few times in situations where it didn't mattered, I quickly realized it just flies by people). BTW, have you ever seen Carl Andrews' abbreviated version? I've had a lot of fun with that as well.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I love the Tamariz move... I think if you put in the time its a utility move that you can adapt to many routines.... also pulling out the ring gives you the perfect reason to go to your pocket and retrieve the .... I use the ctg move for a bill in lime routine by Richard Sanders and it kills... hope this helps..
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I'd forgotten all about that effect thanks for reminding me Smile like others have said I personally like the CTGS but if your method works better for you then excellent.
Melephin
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Melephin
I always loved that Routine, but I just performed it once. I am still working on a Version with a signed Card. Got there but still not completly happy. Needs a Little fine Tuning. Maybe anyone is interested, when I got there...

Someone else worked on a signed Card Version?
Carta Mundi
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Carta Mundi
Here is a version of that trick performed by Jorge Blass that fooled Penn and Teller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjau-xR4RaM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Frog Prince by Michael Close (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL