The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Ideas for my new card routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Hello everyone!

So I recently got the Vintage 1800 series deck by Ellusionist. I am really impressed by the cards - Ellusionist has done a great job designing them!

The main reason I bought them is that I am working on a new routine featuring these cards. So why am I bringing this up? I want to ask for a favor. I am still considering the effects I want to put in my routine. So let's brainstorm a little bit and share our ideas here. I know for sure that I want to end my routine by making the old tuck case transform into a new one (a regular bicycle rider back tuck case that is), and then make the whole deck new as well. Any other ideas? Remember: The cards are marked, so that opens up a lot of possibilities. They also come with one card that has a different color on the back.

I would like the patter to be that the cards once belonged to an old magician and I am showing my audience what he did with them. This is not set in stone though - if you have a different idea for the presentation please let me know.

And remember - ideas for effects and presentation, not methods.

Thanks!
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
A somewhat more concrete criteria might be that I want the routine to have a time travel theme. Then again, it is not set in stone. I am always looking for more ideas.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I had this idea where I get to a show empty handed, someone walks in with an old USPS envelope, stamped from 1920, from Harry Houdini... he knew I was going to be performing this day at this location and that I was going to forget to bring my magic (or was lost in the plane, or something)... there is a letter with the instructions to use several of the items in the envelope.... all the magic is credited to the objects that Harry Houdini sent, and not to myself.

You could do something similar, this deck could be sent to you by someone from the past. Or it may had been on a time capsule left by someone, with some instructions...

Good luck!
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, marc_carrion wrote:
I had this idea where I get to a show empty handed, someone walks in with an old USPS envelope, stamped from 1920, from Harry Houdini... he knew I was going to be performing this day at this location and that I was going to forget to bring my magic (or was lost in the plane, or something)... there is a letter with the instructions to use several of the items in the envelope.... all the magic is credited to the objects that Harry Houdini sent, and not to myself.

You could do something similar, this deck could be sent to you by someone from the past. Or it may had been on a time capsule left by someone, with some instructions...

Good luck!

Thank you, this is a brilliant idea! I love how it sets the theme for the whole routine before the magic even begins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Ideas for my new card routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL