The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Dick Oslund and Rick Morein (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
I wanted to say how thankful I was to be at the 79th Houdini Escape Convention this year in Milwaukee. Not only was this a great time at a really great convention, but I got the unexpected pleasure of meeting two GREAT guys... Dick Oslund and Rick Morein. These guys are a walking, talking and breathing encyclopedia of information about magic. They are really good guys with a sincere heart which bleeds magic. I can truly say that meeting these guys and having dinner with them, was one of my highlights of the convention. And let me end this with this... I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of Dick's book, The Road Scholar. I have been reading this rich story of little nuggets which is not only entertaining, but also enlightening. If you ever get a chance, be sure to meet both Dick and Rick, they are super guys that put "magic" in magical!
Bruce McLaury
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1660 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Hi Bruce:

Dick and I also very much enjoyed meeting you and your Dad...he's a fine gentleman and it looks like he did a great job of raising YOU!

Bruce, you're right: You meet a lot of nice people and make new friends at The Houdini Club Convention........

You mention Dick and I, but in the Booth Next to you were some pretty darn nice people from Minneapolis: Tom Olenick and Gigi Jensen. Tom was a writer of The Mark Wilson Course in Magic, and is an a storehouse of Magical Knowledge himself,....and Gigi and her late husband, Dr. Bruce Jensen did the "High Class Joints" in and around the Minneapolis area for years....Gigi is no stranger to Magic Either!

As you can tell, Dick and I have been pretty well "joined at the hip" for the past 30-odd years or so, and the big beneficiary of that has been ME, of course! As I have been able to absorb Dick's Words of Wisdom that come from 50 years on the road and doing 50,000 LIVE shows for real human beings all over the country.

The "walking, talking and breathing encyclopedia of information about magic" you refer to simply comes about as a result of a life-long PASSION for the Art of Performing Magic and being DRIVEN to always work towards being a BETTER ENTERTAINER.

When artists are TOTALLY DEDICATED to their Art Form, no matter what that Art Form is....you can tell...because they are OBSESSED BY IT, which fuels their PASSION and their DRIVE.

Bruce: It's in your blood. Stay PASSIONATE about what you do and your Dad will ALWAYS be proud of you!

Heck, I am proud of you allready.....and we just met last weekend!
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Thank you for the kind words Rick, they mean a lot! And you are absolutely right about Tom and Gigi. They were very helpful and really good people, and he was very complimentary/positive/ and very encouraging about my thread work. To the other side of me was Professor Bill Pryor. He is also a class act and made me feel very good about our performance. Just good, good people everywhere! I look forward to seeing all of you again!! Take care of Dick!
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Dick Oslund and Rick Morein (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL