The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Difference use with Proximity and Finders Keypers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
From the descriptions, it sounds like Proximity and Finders Keypers do the same thing. It seems you can detect which hand someone is holding one of the devices. Is this accurate? If so, what are the advantages of getting Finders Keypers at the higher price?
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I'm sure that this thread will be moved to Inner Thoughts.

Anyway, to answer your question, a friend of mine allowed me to test Finders Keypers, after he tested it on me. Whether the hand holding the gimmick is behind his back or not, or the object is left on the table while you're standing up, you get the same signal. When you raise your hand, holding the object, you get two different buzzes, depending on which size you hold it. The distance is great, really great. The transmitter chip is very small, and can be hidden in many, many other small objects, just like Proximity. I was so impressed that I asked him to set this one aside for me (I don't have the money to purchase it right now) and I will get it probably toward the end of October. I will be able to test it in many different ways. I'm pretty sure I will be able to create a routine with it, where a spectator is asked to choose between keeping the object or giving it to another person (if he does so, he will have to stretch his hand, and the second person will grab it). The nice thing is that, during the entire time, I can be far away from the spectators. That is what I wanted.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Isn't finders a key?

The other is a thing you can put in other things.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2017, John C wrote:
Isn't finders a key?

Actually a key fob, not a key.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2017, videoman wrote:
Quote:
Isn't finders a key?

Actually a key fob, not a key.

let the difference be known.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
Isn't finders a key?

Yes, but isn't the effect the same?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Basically a which hand. could easier and more natural with the finders. I always wanted one but they were never available. So I got a die instead.
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
29 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
So Finders Keepers can be a longer range effect? Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Difference use with Proximity and Finders Keypers (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL