The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » False Anchors Volume 2 by Ryan Schlutz (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Howdy Café!!

My new book False Anchors Volume 2 is available for pre-sale. Thank you for all the support on Volume 1. It received such a wonderful response from the community.

All the orders will start shipping October 10th. But don’t wait to long. It is limited to only 275 copies and 105 copies have already sold.

https://gumroad.com/l/DtBr

About the book:

Equifinality: Worth the price of the book is what my earlier reviewers have said. Prediction card is placed inside the card box from a shuffled deck. The deck is scatter over the table into 12-14 smaller piles. Two spectators shuffle the piles together until only two piles remain. The top cards of the remaining piles are combine to create a card which matches the card set aside at the beginning. 100% normal deck, easy and very strong.

Forget to Remember: While the deck is in use a spectator thinks of card. After they fail to find it in the deck, the card is discovered inside the card box. I use this scary fair effect as the closer for my card sets.

Card at Any Sum: A very different take on ACAAN. A card is selected and replaced back in the deck but here is where this version shines. The deck is then shuffled by multiple spectators completely out of your control. Despite being shuffled the selection ends up at a number randomly generated by a spectator and kept secret until the reveal.

Sprung Location: A visual production of a card at it’s core, but I will teach how to get miles ahead of your spectators and smack them with an unexpected ending.

6 Covers 6: A card is freely cut to by a spectator, lost back into the deck and shuffled ALL by the spectator. Despite the fairness, you are able to locate the card without even touching the deck.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Grabbing this on Payday!
First one was excellent.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Anyone who hasn't needs to grab this. The first one was amazing and I have no doubt this will be any different
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
I had the pleasure of editing this (and the first volume) and there is some really great material in here that I think you will all enjoy.

Be sure to purchase your copy before they all sell out... because they will!!!

- Ari
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
The effects read briliant.

Thids could be even better than Volume 1.

Mike Donoghue
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Ryan, did you and James Went ever figure out that Larry Jennings puzzle/location from the Impossible Divination video clip ? Smile

John
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
John-

Not really. Lol. I have only so much brain power. Need to save it for other things.

Ryan

Ps. Thanks for all the positive vibes on here guys.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Halfway sold through! Thank you all for the support. I am very pumped for those who purchase to see the material.

Ryan
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Just heads up all preorders have shipped today and the book is now live.

Ryan
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
False Anchors 2 Review:

The book opens with an effect titled: Equifinality
This is my personal favorite from the book and it is a killer. This effect introduces a concept that most of the effects in the book utilize. I won’t say too much about it other than it is a very clean tool using only your card box which allows for some crazy clean stuff.

In essence, a prediction is put in the card box and the deck is thoroughly shuffled by an audience member. Once they are satisfied, the deck is cut into 12-14 piles amongst two spectators. The two spectators combine packets by shuffling them together. They combine them until there are only two piles left. One pile is indicated to be the value pile. The other is the suit pile. The top card of each pile is turned over by the spectators. The value of the value pile is put with the suit from the suit pile to create a truly random card. Despite all of the odds, the prediction is cleanly removed from the totally ungimmicked box and it is seen to be the very card just created by the spectators.

This is KILLER. I have no doubt this would have fooled me very badly if it had been performed on me. It is so fun. 12-14 piles combined together until only two remain is fun and so very fair. The spectators will be utterly convinced that there is no way your prediction could be correct. Best of all, this effect is completely impromptu! I’m in love with this routine. If we ever meet, ask me to demo it. I bet it will fool you.

The next effect in the book is called: Forget to Remember
In this effect, a spectator selects a card and then further randomizes their selection by changing it in their mind alone. The performer does the magical gesture and the spectator is asked to look for their card in the deck. They can look, but it really isn’t there. It was removed from the deck before the trick even began.

This is a very powerful routine which will play extraordinarily well for the spectator. I will certainly use it. I think many of you will be familiar with the core of the method. Rus Andrews has some similar work. The advantage here is the super clean ending that this version offers. No cards removed from wallets or “off by one” anywhere. Instead, there is a solid ending every time where they can’t find their card in the deck because it was removed at the start. The Solution Ryan provides for this ultra fair ending is ultimately what makes this version superior over all the other ones out there.

Next up - Card at Any Sum:
The spectator selects a card at random. The card is returned to the deck then the entire deck is shuffled by four audience members! The deck fairly and freely shuffled by four audience members—without the performer touching the cards. The cards are gathered on the table and set off to the side in a squared condition. 5 envelopes are then introduced. A spectator shuffled the envelopes and freely mixes them face-up and face-down. They lay the envelopes in a row on the table and remove the contents of each envelope (keeping it in the same orientation they’ve decided upon. There is card in each envelope ranging from 1-10. Each card has a different number on the back. Thus, if they had turned over other envelopes, the total would be vastly different. These numbers are added together. That random sum is counted to in the deck and the previously selected card is found at the exact number they created.

Okay this bad boy is crazy. There are two brilliant principles used here. Th first allows you to force the number with this cards in the fairest manner possible. The second allows you to control the selected card to a specific place with the SPECTATORS shuffling the deck and without you seeing the face of any card. Just to be clear: 4 spectators shuffle the deck. The performer doesn’t have anything palmed or control the shuffles in any way. Yet, once the cards are gathered, the selected card is at a specific location which is known to the performer. How NUTS is that!? It doesn’t seem possible. This two principles combined into one routine creates a stellar card at any number would would fool anyone who saw it. This is great stuff.

Sprung Location:
3 selected cards are lost in the deck. A rubber band is wrapped around the deck and suddenly, one of the selected cards appears perpendicular to the deck. The card is placed aside. The performer tries to make the other two selections appear in a similar way, but fails. The spectators look back to the single selected card on the table and find all three cards sitting there.

This is my least favorite effect from the book. Im just not a huge fan of rubber band and deck magic. It down really fit my style. At its core, this is a very pretty pop out move with a rubber-banded deck that ends with the card perpendicular to the deck. I doubt I’ll use it, but it’s fun and I’m sure some people out there will love it.

6 Covers 6:
A card is cut to and memorized by the spectator. The card is cut into the deck and the deck is ruffle shuffled by the spectator. Amazingly, the performer can locate the card without looking at the faces of the deck. Ryan presents this as muscle reading demonstration and I think that is perfect for this.

This is so fair that it’s unfair. The control happens completely in the spectators hands and they shuffle the deck themselves. The muscle reading routine is a FANTASTIC way to present this. It’s so fair that the spectators will believe there’s no way you could find it. This is typical Ryan genius. I’ve seen similar methods used in the past, but Ryan adds a couple of very small subtleties which make all the difference.

As with the first volume, this book is beautifully produced. Once again, the saturate colors are gorgeous and the layout is sleek and also fun. Again, it reminds me of a magazine with all the brightly colored photos. It is an absolute JOY to read.

The book also includes a couple of bonus ideas. Firstly, it teaches how to read a spectators mind by telling them the random number they select. Secondly, the book covers a way to take the classic “untouched” effect to all new heights by giving the spectator a choice at the end. They decide which is the value and which is the suit. This makes the whole routine play on a much bigger level. There is no comparison.

Overall, this is another huge hit from Ryan. He is continually hitting it out of the park. He is my new favorite creator of card magic. He consistently creates hard hitting magic that seems truly impossible— even to those “in the know.”

I can’t recommend this enough. I have a feeling these will sell out just like his first volume. If you’re smart, you’d buy a copy of each volume. These will become an underground classic.

Madison
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Cannot wait to get this in.

I will also post my thoughts.

I believe it is coming in this weekend.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
OK just snagged a copy. I bought the first one but was on the fence about the second. Not anything to do with Ryan, I love his work and thinking and I really got a lot out of vol. 1. It's just a matter of how much material do I need?

I probably have over a hundred current working effects that I can perform well and with presentations I am happy with. But since I am not a full-time pro performing nightly I have begun to feel that I simply can't do any one of them often enough to give it the attention it deserves.
So I was holding off on vol. 2 but in the end Madison's review pushed me over the edge and I couldn't resist.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Muhahahaha videoman.... I got you.

But seriously I think the first effect in the book is worth it. Enjoy.

Ryan
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Performed one of the effects from the book last night at a magic meet up.

The most skilled magician who knows how some of the things work, had no clue, I floored him bad.

And this is only with 1 effect in the book. Worth it!

Thanks Ryan

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Which one was it?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
What Alex ISN’T sharing is that I performed four effects for him from False Anchor 2 and literal every effect fooled him Smile

He has too much dignity to admit it apparently Smile lol

I don’t know for sure, Nicolina, but I bet he performed Equifinaility.

Madison
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
My microphone is acting up a bit on my phone, but regardless, here is a video review of False Anchors Volume 2 for those of you who prefer watching/listening over reading.

Madison
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
You rock Madison. Thank you for taking the time to do that video... so cool.

Also Alex love hearing those stories. Keep them coming.

Ryan
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Yes it was the first effect in the book.

One of the most experienced people in my hometown was utterly fooled, you should have seen his face, I should have recorded it.

It was priceless.

part of my repertoire now. Ill admit what Ryan has done is genious, lots of easy to do effects and underpriced.

Alex
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Madison, would have loved to watch your review (even though I've already ordered) but couldn't hear it well enough to understand what you were saying and the audio was the most important aspect to me.
Was on an iPad, perhaps with earbuds I could have made it out but didn't have any with me. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » False Anchors Volume 2 by Ryan Schlutz (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL