The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » D'lite not fitting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vannma
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of vannma
I recently bought the d'lite bright set and love them. Only problem is that they are too big for my thumbs. I was using Velcro with glue on the back to reduce the hole size but that has ended up being a sticky mess. When my thumb is all the way in, the light is on. If I pull my thumb out enough for the light to go off, the tip will not stay on my thumb. Does anyone have a way to fix this?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sounds like a good as any method you found that works for you. Why not get some of the popular glues on the market and glue on the Velcro. The sticky stuff you mention can be removed using Goo Gone. Then ruff the inside of the TT, with sand paper, then wipe with alcohol to clean it. Then attach with glue. Problem solved.
vannma
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of vannma
Thanks Bill, great tip (no pun intended). I may try that. Do you think superglue would work?
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
They make different size D'Lites. Maybe this is too obvious, but have you tried getting a smaller size?
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
vannma
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of vannma
Danaruns,

I thought about getting smaller ones but
#1 I don't want to have to buy the trick again
#2 I don't want to buy another set that may not fit (may be too small)

I am not sure which size I bought (been a while since I bought it) so I really don't know where to start.
Thank you for the response.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Vannma, I don't think Super Glue is the choice because of the materials. There are some excellent glues these days when attaching different types of materials. Just apply it sparingly.

If you are in the U.S. then go to JoAnn Fabric store. E6000 and Goop come to mind as a possible solution.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » D'lite not fitting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL