The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft dean set 1964 kennedy side photo? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Could someone who owns a schoolcraft Deans Set of 1964 Kennedy Halfs please take a side photo of the coverage the ] provides please?

I'm seriously considering buying this but I would like to see how good it looks first.

Thanks
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
The coverage is similar to any shell, whether expanded or unexpanded.

I used to have this set, but eventually sold it because the amount of rim removed from the coins always bothered me.

Something to consider
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2017, Nick23 wrote:
Could someone who owns a schoolcraft Deans Set of 1964 Kennedy Halfs please take a side photo of the coverage the ] provides please?

I'm seriously considering buying this but I would like to see how good it looks first.

Thanks

Nick:

The Shell Shocked coins manufactured by Bob Swadling provide pretty close to 100% coverage. Have a look. Link below:

https://www.jbtvusa.com/p/j-b-exclusives......erty-set
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I find dollar coins too big for my hands plus the expanded half dollar ] I've bought in the past online were really really shallow and pretty much useless. that's why I thought I'd buy a nice (expensive) set that are as deep as possible. My understanding is that non expanded coins are the deepest.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
He also makes shell shocked in Clad Kennedy, Walking Liberty and quarters. https://www.jbtvusa.com/products/search - use "shocked" as the keyword.
He also can do custom work, since I couldn't find the 1964 Kennedy listed. Given the way they're made, I agree that non-expanded coins are deeper, but it's not a huge difference, and I've had regular shells with deep coverage, too. I think a better decision is to pick which kind is more useful to you.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
You could always try Todd Lassen I've just ordered a walking liberty set off him Smile
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
Nick 23 I used to own a Dean's set in walkers. The coverage is as close to 100% as you can get. Believe me it is perfect. I do still have a Dean's set in Morgans and it is also fantastic. What Rick mentioned about the loss of the rim is true though. The halves just felt small to me. But it is great with the Morgans...easier to work with. Now I have one of his regular expanded sets in walkers for my halves and love it. Great coverage and no noticeable distortion. You will be happy with anything you get from him.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
He also makes shell shocked in Clad Kennedy, Walking Liberty and quarters. https://www.jbtvusa.com/products/search - use "shocked" as the keyword.
He also can do custom work, since I couldn't find the 1964 Kennedy listed. Given the way they're made, I agree that non-expanded coins are deeper, but it's not a huge difference, and I've had regular shells with deep coverage, too. I think a better decision is to pick which kind is more useful to you.

After much searching and using different gimmicks over the years, I purchased the WL triception from him, and shell shocked to match. What do I carry? The shell shocked one with the triception set. I will say that the triception shell has a teflon sticker in it and with shell shocked, you just have to be careful, because it has no teflon.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I don't think the unexpan gives better coverage. You get a slightly better reverse side look... not worth the loss of rim in my experience.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Johnson Products makes a nice 64 Expanded Shell.
Jamie-boy
View Profile
Regular user
Berea, Ohio
186 Posts

Profile of Jamie-boy
I'm with Tom. I bought my Johnson '64 shell back when they were the high end of coin gimmicks, somewhere around '90 or '91. It's beautiful!
James Sievert
Sleight of Hand Hobbyist since 1990.
Bassist since 1973.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft dean set 1964 kennedy side photo? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL