The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Lewis le val's peeky blinder (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16172 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Https://e-mentalism.com/collections/newp......s-le-val

$16 - I got it with an email discount, I think I paid a tenner?
what is it - mp4 download
what does the spectator see - you produce some business cards, take three, give them one and a marker - they draw/write whatever they want and their card is placed very simply between the two other cards. The participant puts a hand out, you place all three cards in their palwhatm, and either put yours or their remaining one on top...you reveal the thought and give them back their card...

what I think
in many ways I was frustrated with it, but I think more with myself than Lewis. This is good. However, I've created a different gimmick to the one you make yourself (you need a basic tool that pretty much all homes have laying around and your business cards, nothing else - takes seconds to make the gimmick, takes 20 seconds to make one)...

I was also frustrated because its so similar to other things that have been out in books over the years in mentalism, so this really is clever reductionist thinking...at first I think anyone with average mentalism knowledge will be angry/frustrated, then they'll make one and use it and then smile a little...

Lewis adds a few touches and ways of doing it all - well explained...well taught...I've used it in anger a few times, works well....

surprised a certain well known move wasn't mentioned though to add a nice convincer to everything...

however - maybe its a little pricey in the scheme of things, but then price is relative on many levels

overall, I liked it, 8/10
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
10198 Posts

Profile of John C
I wonder if it's anything like AOK.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7251
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16172 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
10198 Posts

Profile of John C
OK, I bought this on IAIN's recommendation.

I pretty much agree with everything IAIN said. This is certainly not something you've never seen before if you've been performing mentalism for any time at all. It's basically, like IAIN said, not a new method by any means but a more minimalist approach to the myriad of other same methods out there. All it takes is three biz cards and a pen.

I have a few of Lewis's other offerings like AOK and carny cartomancy, and enjoy his thinking.

Is it worth $16...well, not for me to say. It's all relative.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2285 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks, I was considering it, I like his other offerings.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
252life
View Profile
Special user
Ninth Circle, Hades
915 Posts

Profile of 252life
Sounds similar to Scott Creaseys SPIT
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
10198 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2017, 252life wrote:
Sounds similar to Scott Creaseys SPIT

no
Dandin
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Dandin
Sounds like an old idea by J.G.Thompson that both T.A.Waters and Max Maven has published a versions of it over the years among other creators.
PhilDean
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Im astonished that this requires a gimmick.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
10198 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, PhilDean wrote:
Im astonished that this requires a gimmick.

well....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Lewis le val's peeky blinder (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL