The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tricks with writing on the back of cards (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Richard Sanders - Identity
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Deja Voodoo- Farmer
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Any version of the Fred trick. I use the blank Phil deck. It's my opener at the Magic Castle and gets a great response
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
One Car Garage- Sankey
Twilight- Harris
Prior Commitment- Aronson
Cheap Labour- Acer
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Card-Toon by Dan Harlan
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2017, magicfish wrote:

Twilight- Harris

Twilight is a coin trick using a mirror. Which trick are you referring to?

PH has some great tricks using writing on the backs of cards. One of his best is "Sliding Ink." (Also check out Mead's non-card version of Membrane.)
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I keep one joker in my deck with the words “off by three” written on the back. That’s for one particular routine of mine, and the audience doesn’t necessarily have to be aware of it unless I decide to perform that particular trick. When I take the cards out of the box, I innocently remove the joker and absent-mindedly set it aside (leaving it face up near the card case). The audience doesn’t perceive any relevance connected to the joker unless I perform the routine that makes use of it. If I decide that I’m not in the mood or if the conditions aren’t optimum, I can perform a set with the 52, and when I’m done the joker goes back into the box with the rest of the cards. The audience doesn’t know what they never see. And when I DO decide to do that particular routine, it’s never first in the set. It is unnatural to go out of my way to remove the joker from the deck and then immediately involve it in a routine. It’s much more organic to remove the joker for apparently self-evident reasons, do a couple of card tricks, and then in your final piece involve the joker in some way before putting your cards away and ending a set.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2017, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Quote:

Twilight- Harris

PH has some great tricks using writing on the backs of cards. One of his best is "Sliding Ink." (Also check out Mead's non-card version of Membrane.)

Guess you'll have to give alexander another five bucks.
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
30 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
Symbolized by Nicholas Lawrence is a great effect. There's a bit of arts and crafts involved and some people don't like that but I definitely recommend it.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2017, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2017, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Quote:

Twilight- Harris

Guess you'll have to give alexander another five bucks.

Wait so Paul Harris DOES have a trick called Twilight where you write on the back of a card?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
We're sorry, your magic knowledge has expired. Please insert another 5 dollars so you can pretend you are well read on forums.
Cat's out of the bag dude.
Lol.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Ya got me. But any chance to revisit some PH is material is fine by me!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hmmm, ok.
Was it David Acer who used a Twilight mirror to make the Bicycle Angel's wings change colour?
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2017, magicfish wrote:
Hmmm, ok.
Was it David Acer who used a Twilight mirror to make the Bicycle Angel's wings change colour?

Not sure. Acer's material was never my bag.

PH had the marketed trick where the angel relocates on the card, using a mirror. That's the only other Twilight-adjacent card trick that I'm aware of.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Oh right, twilight angels.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tricks with writing on the back of cards (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL