The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 to 1 Deck update (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Andrew J. K. wrote:
CORRECTION: In order to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding, when I said that I received 49 special cards,
I was referring as well to the few ones with the "ordinary" faces. So I meant that inside the box were 49 cards
in total plus one double blank card.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best,
Andrew

It sounds like they have quality control issues.

I received a box with 49 cards, no blank card, and no link to the download video or any instructions.

:(
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Can anyone confirm that he has the same issue in terms of amount of cards inside the card case
and the presence of the double blank card as well?

Don't you think that the presence of the DB card is kind of strange?
With regard to the 49 cards, why 49 and not 52? Is it due the additional cost of them?

I simply deny to believe it if this is the case. It sounds at least ridiculous and unacceptable.

Every deck of cards consists of 52 cards and this exact amount should have been included in each 52 to 1 deck.

Even if you don't have the most curious audience member or any kind of heckler in front of you when you
are performing, the deck has to be a 52 cards deck in case someone does want to count the cards despite
the fact that the cards can be counted only in a certain way while you at the same time have to be very careful
during the counting procedure.

It's simply a matter of principle that the creators do not took this issue into account, as it seems.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
OK. These issues have made it a big NOPE for me. I love the idea. Too many problems...

Doug
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Mine version uses all 54 cards and is a different method completely to 52/1 but achieves exactly the same end result which I have said all along . Colin J started the spectator cuts to any card thread and not me and I tried to get it removed but wasn’t allowed as I didn’t start it . I also pmed him twice but he ignored my request . Best magic to all and and very happy new and the best of luck with 52/1 release Tarik 🙂
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Mine version uses all 54 cards and is a different method completely to 52/1 but achieves exactly the same end result.

Is is on the market? Available? I mean, ya see Wayne Fox's performance. Spectator reaction. When this (either one) is available with no issues...I'm interested.

Doug
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It will be by Blackpool regards Tarik 🙂
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, Andrew J. K. wrote:
Can anyone confirm that he has the same issue in terms of amount of cards inside the card case

With regard to the 49 cards, why 49 and not 52? Is it due the additional cost of them?

I simply deny to believe it if this is the case. It sounds at least ridiculous and unacceptable.

Every deck of cards consists of 52 cards and this exact amount should have been included in each 52 to 1 deck.

Even if you don't have the most curious audience member or any kind of heckler in front of you when you
are performing, the deck has to be a 52 cards deck in case someone does want to count the cards despite
the fact that the cards can be counted only in a certain way while you at the same time have to be very careful

It's simply a matter of principle that the creators do not took this issue into account, as it seems.

I’m afraid I don’t see the relevance of 52 cards any working pro probably spends more time at a gig with a deck that has less than 52 cards in it than one with 52.
As soon as I do my first table my deck has less than 52 cards in it. I have one effect that I love doing that uses a spec signed card although it is a prepared deck. Sometimes I may still be performing it with a deck that only has around 40 cards in it. If spectators are calling you out on the fact that your deck is 3 cards light maybe you are performing for the wrong people or you need to ask yourself why.
In the real world 49 or 52 nobody cares if you are doing your job right.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
True Rowland however before my deck came to light 52/1 had 38 cards in it but they still felt a reason to up it to near on 52 so they must of thought it worth it . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, Andrew J. K. wrote:

I’m afraid I don’t see the relevance of 52 cards any working pro probably spends more time at a gig with a deck that has less than 52 cards in it than one with 52.
As soon as I do my first table my deck has less than 52 cards in it. I have one effect that I love doing that uses a spec signed card although it is a prepared deck. Sometimes I may still be performing it with a deck that only has around 40 cards in it. If spectators are calling you out on the fact that your deck is 3 cards light maybe you are performing for the wrong people or you need to ask yourself why.
In the real world 49 or 52 nobody cares if you are doing your job right.

Hi Rowland,

I got your point and I have no reason to disagree with you. However I was referring to a heavy gimmicked deck and not to
an ordinary deck of cards which you can do/perform any impromptu trick/effect with. And that's I'm afraid, a big difference.

Besides, I mentioned that my main issue with the 49 cards instead of 52 ones and the one double blank card which were found
inside the card case I received, is that to me this is a matter of principle. Otherwise, would you have the same opinion
if -just an assumption- any card playing company would from now on start to produce decks with only 49 cards inside the
card box in order -let's say- to reduce their production cost?

Bottom line: Finding each of us various amount of cards inside his 52 to 1 deck, does not sinply seem to me right.

It shows that the creator(s) of the 52 to 1 deck by WMS does not know the proper way a magic dealer should doing
business to. It looks like, "let's make as more decks as it gets and as well as fast as it gets in order to achieve
a great amount of sales without giving a d*** if some customers receive 49 cards, some others 47 or a few others, 45, etc.

Does this sound a honest sales policy by a magic dealer who wants to call himself a reliable company and as well that
he provides an excellent customer service to you and to any other potential customer?

With all due to respect, Rowland, I have to stand by my opinion that is just a matter of principle and ethics.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Kindest regards.
Andrew
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
I'll be waiting with great interest for the release of your version, Tarik.
I wish you all the luck and great sales, as long as your effect delivers the goodies.

Kindest regards,
Andrew.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Andrew J. K. wrote:
CORRECTION: In order to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding, when I said that I received 49 special cards,
I was referring as well to the few ones with the "ordinary" faces. So I meant that inside the box were 49 cards
in total plus one double blank card.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best,
Andrew

It sounds like they have quality control issues.

I received a box with 49 cards, no blank card, and no link to the download video or any instructions.

:(

I got the instructions from Penguin, great service there!

In the video, they reverse the cards, and I counted the cards when they did this (part of my OCD). There are 49 cards, no blank cards.

My set was complete, except for the instructions.

Tony
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
CORRECTION: I meant "heavily gimmicked deck" instead of "heavy" in my previous post above.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
I'll be receiving this soon. Well, I think it is funny that a deck named "52 to 1" has 49 cards Smile. Let's change it to "49 to 1"!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2017, Recoplon wrote:
I'll be receiving this soon. Well, I think it is funny that a deck named "52 to 1" has 49 cards Smile. Let's change it to "49 to 1"!

Unfortunately, in this case, the no 52 relates to the amount of dud decks in this batch. Smile
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
I received this today, and it's 49 cards indeed. It's no big deal, and I guess there must be some reason for this, but it really should be mentioned somewhere...
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Im waiting on mine. It will probably be here tuesday.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I rarely join in these arguments but REALLY !!!!! “the exact number you of cards in a gimmicked, one trick deck. “
If you feel that strongly about it you are seriously missing the boat and this trick is not for you. The deck will not stand the slightest scrutiny. If you feel the need to count the cards in n front door of a spectator. Not the trick for you.
By the way I love this trick and it gets amazing responses
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I'm wondering how often this trick can be repeated with the same audience.

How many different cards can your spectator actually choose - can you do this with all 52 cards of the deck?

Or are there only a few cards this works with before you'll need to repeat the same selection?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
There are six outs but to do his more then 2 or 3 times for the same audience would be a mistake
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2017, EndersGame wrote:
I'm wondering how often this trick can be repeated with the same audience.

How many different cards can your spectator actually choose - can you do this with all 52 cards of the deck?

Or are there only a few cards this works with before you'll need to repeat the same selection?

You can repeat it as long as you give the spec some specific instructions and I have done do without any problems but I can understand some people not advising it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 to 1 Deck update (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL