The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How to light flash paper from fingers? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tap Roniart
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Tap Roniart
Experts,

More specifically, I want to ignite flash paper without any lighters or bulky ignition devices. Instead, I thought it might be done at fingertips with something like the compound for making smoke.

I can see using this as effect with card work, so "clean" hands are a must. Is this possible?

If not, do I need to make a kind of 'sparker' with wires on my fingers from the sleeve? This is a really poor choice, as I prefer bare to the elbow for close-up card work...

I've found scant little on non-bulky ignition... What are your thoughts?

TIA!
Tap Roniart

# PM me your effects looking for a method!
# Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors-especially ideas that end up being awful-as I am on cell.
# Mods: I only break site rules that the "inner circle" themselves break.
thurstonlives
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of thurstonlives
Hi, I was interested in the same, actually, I would like to know what is using David Stone in this video in minute 2:14. Maybe flash paper with phosphorus touching water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql75l7zrK0w
Tap Roniart
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Tap Roniart
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2017, thurstonlives wrote:
Hi, I was interested in the same, actually, I would like to know what is using David Stone in this video in minute 2:14. Maybe flash paper with phosphorus touching water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql75l7zrK0w

I picked up on that, too. A bad frame rate, but you can tell he isn't creating heat by twisting in his fingers. Also, the flash paper is so big it was impossible to conceal in his right hand. My money is on a chemical reaction and not a heat source. And yes, before everyone starts, I *do* realize that fire itself is a chemical reaction...

I think I want to start small & subtle, like 1/2" square, thumb tip size, burns in place but short & almost a curiosity ("Did I just see that?") instead of an all-out diversion/misdirection. You know, all the 'parts' able to be colored to match skin tone so you can take your time & wait for the right moment...

And no wires, remote control, etc. just clever & small is what I think will work (for me)...

Thanks for writing!
Tap Roniart

# PM me your effects looking for a method!
# Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors-especially ideas that end up being awful-as I am on cell.
# Mods: I only break site rules that the "inner circle" themselves break.
badger1957
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of badger1957
Hi all
Blackpool Magic convention 2018 is where I Bought an igniter for flash paper from the finger tips, the electronics are inside a thumb tip so you can just hold a piece of flash paper and ignite it exactly when you require by the push of a button.Superb little piece of kit and worth looking for.
badger1957
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of badger1957
In the David stone video, he has the pack of cards sleeved, and then using the thumb tip igniter lights the flash paper, and drops the cards from his sleeve.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How to light flash paper from fingers? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL