The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1765 Posts

Profile of Voodini
If anyone has a remotely operated spirit bell that's just gathering dust, and that they'd like to sell, please get in touch! Looking to acquire!
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Cartomancer54
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Cartomancer54
Check this out and let me know what you think. http://taylorimagineering.com/shop/spectral-wind/
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2650 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2017, Cartomancer54 wrote:
Check this out and let me know what you think. http://taylorimagineering.com/shop/spectral-wind/

What a great idea. I could keep that ringing in the funeral parlor constantly.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Cartomancer54
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Cartomancer54
I had been thinking something slimier. I would use a chime hidden out of view. Cleverly placed it would ring only often enough for a myth to start floating around. And who knows... Maybe it might ring when it shouldn't. Always leave room for the truly strange and magnificent.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2650 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
I had been thinking something slimier. I would use a chime hidden out of view. Cleverly placed it would ring only often enough for a myth to start floating around. And who knows... Maybe it might ring when it shouldn't. Always leave room for the truly strange and magnificent.

I can see that. If this wind chime is outside it is expected to chime with a little wind and would be perceived as natural and if indoors it begs the question, "Why do you have a wind chime indoors?" But still would be cool. Perhaps an old radio that turns itself on would be better.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2530 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I think the arrival of a spirit or group of spirits would be unaccompanied by wind thus justifying the chimes. Why does one have wind chimes in the house? To announce the arrival of spirits.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I personally suggest Tim Wisseman's spirit bell - Dead Ringer. I have owned and used just about every bell made and this one gets a huge response and visual.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2650 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, afinemesh wrote:
I think the arrival of a spirit or group of spirits would be unaccompanied by wind thus justifying the chimes. Why does one have wind chimes in the house? To announce the arrival of spirits.

I am reminded of when my brother-in-law died, when I read these posts. He said he wanted to go back home, but died in the hospital. A family member said that they heard the wind chimes outside ring just before the call from the hospital to announce he had died.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2650 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, Anverdi-museum wrote:
I personally suggest Tim Wisseman's spirit bell - Dead Ringer. I have owned and used just about every bell made and this one gets a huge response and visual.

I once used Etherica as a visual spirit bell once.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2530 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, afinemesh wrote:

I am reminded of when my brother-in-law died, when I read these posts. He said he wanted to go back home, but died in the hospital. A family member said that they heard the wind chimes outside ring just before the call from the hospital to announce he had died.

There ya go. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2650 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Jorey,

I like your explanation for the chimes in the house.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Actually I know a few people who keep Chimes indoors so its actually not that uncommon. These do look great though.

Quote:

I just recently ordered one of these from Tim, should ship next week. I have heard great things and I'm looking forward to it.

-Bob
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2650 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Actually I know a few people who keep Chimes indoors so its actually not that uncommon. These do look great though.

Quote:

I just recently ordered one of these from Tim, should ship next week. I have heard great things and I'm looking forward to it.

-Bob

It is a great bell. I owned one and ordered a second bell in case the first one got broke in handling or transporting. Ended up breaking the spare bell. Go figure!
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

-Bob

It is a great bell. I owned one and ordered a second bell in case the first one got broke in handling or transporting. Ended up breaking the spare bell. Go figure!

If the bell was to break is it easily replaced?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2650 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

-Bob

If the bell was to break is it easily replaced?

They crystal bell is fragile but I'm sure Tim will sell you a replacement for a reasonable price. I ordered a spare when I bought mine.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4546 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Tim Wisseman's spirit bell ( https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/me......wisseman ) - Dead Ringer is killer...not literally of course, because that would not make for a great performance. Unless it was weepinwil's show, in which case it would be perfectly appropriate. But the crystal bell makes it appear totally innocent. Purely psychological, but it works.

I also love the Cesaral Spirit Bell (Antique Finish) by Cesaral ( https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/ut......-cesaral ). Innocent old rusty school bell. Of course it needs a backstory as younger folks will be wondering what a school bell is. Operates flawlessly and the workings are undetectable and very cleverly hidden in a very modest casing.

And I adore the Wenger Spirit Bell (with carry box) by Nick Wenger. Pure gold here, as the kit can be assembled by the spectator and the thing just looks freaky. Like it was put together by someone possessed. Oooh. Maybe that's your backstory. And it also looks like an abstract animal, which could also serve as some interesting background material. ( https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/me......k-wenger ).

But still my favorite, as it is just so creepy, and has a built in garden path story, is this classic from Outlaw Effects http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/gold......ted.html It is simply a thing of ugly beauty. Not sure how to acquire one of these lately...perhaps on the secondary market. But if you can get one, get one.

Or get any of these...they are all great. And with the right performance and story, pants will need to be changed. But whatever you do, in my humble opinion, don't waste your time with anything that looks like this: https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/me......gu-magic . It screams "GIMMICKED!"
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Loyal user
It's a long way to where I'm going
245 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Thanks WoO, great list! Cheers, Luc.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6415 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
Check this out and let me know what you think. (Spectral Wind)

Now that...whoa! Upper class stuff. If you do get this, get the one with the T Sw. I am a bit biased. I prefer Tim W's stuff. I'm a sort of "builder" myself, and I recognize good work when I see it. The Dead Ringer is just such an item. Worth TWICE the three hundred dollars. Tim can custom make anything you can think of. I've tossed a wild idea or two at him, and it's always "Can Do!"

I'm a low tech kinda guy. I just rig up a length of IT..."DING!"

Doug
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of paul180
The problem with many of the spirit bells on the market imo, is the unnaturalness of them. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15618 Where have you ever seen such a thing? That is! Until I saw this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfG1n8jsGNM It's really the only thing I'd even consider using.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL