The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Produce stack of notes/bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adsalamon
View Profile
New user
York, UK
8 Posts

Profile of adsalamon
I have magic gig where I am performing quick tricks to a presentation about cutting tax! (yeah weird)
For their final part they want me to magically produce £720 which will be 36 x £20 notes. What would be a nice visual way to produce all that money.
At the start of the show I am performing extreme burn so something different. Is there a nice prop (that doesn't cost the earth) that could be used.. Thought dove pan but I think that is too cliche and maybe not magical enough for the last trick

Cheers
Adrian
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Check out 'Hurricane' by Kim Tung Lim ... it MAY suit your needs ? don't' think it'll produce 36 notes though.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I have done 7 keys to baldplate with a cloth bag.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
adsalamon
View Profile
New user
York, UK
8 Posts

Profile of adsalamon
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2017, Steven Conner wrote:
I have done 7 keys to baldplate with a cloth bag.

I think they wanted something a bit more snappy. A minute or so long. I've been having a looking at spring notes and was wondering if that would work having them produce somewhere. Thing is they wanted to use real money
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
The spring bills effect seems to be just what you're describing. It is also pretty reasonably priced. How about taking off your hat and having the bill pop out of it?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Do you have to produce them all at once? then some sort of gizmo: spring bills or production box (e.g.; mirror box)

Sequential:
- Wilson's Complete course gives a way to produce in increments of about 6 (36/6 = 6 loads), "Bills from nowhere",
> but in Jaw Droppers the same method was used to produce 10/load
-
- use a 6 card repeat type method for bills (again Wilson's book has instructions for this)
- "Bare Hands Bill Production", by Juan Pablo gives you 6 bills from one TT
- If you need to end up with x number of bills, but produce them too fast for the audience to count, why not cheat (do magicians to that?), and have some pre-loaded/hidden in some receptacle

- Use can use a false count to make it look like there are more bills than there really are (Kaps Currency, Hundy 500)

Can you use larger denominations to reduce the number of bills?

Then, why not use multiple methods. Producing all those bills by the same method might not be such a great idea.

just some things to think about
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
adsalamon
View Profile
New user
York, UK
8 Posts

Profile of adsalamon
With spring bills they are stuck to the gimmick arn't they? They are supplying me with money to use sondont eant to ruin it. I liked the Juan Pablo production. Very visual. Maybe I can use 50s so have less notes...
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I don't know if you already have Pablo's dvd, is beautiful, but I found it difficult.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
adsalamon
View Profile
New user
York, UK
8 Posts

Profile of adsalamon
No. Will have a look out
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Karl Hein “rain maker” Exactly what your looking for http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4490
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2017, Bobby Forbes wrote:
Karl Hein “rain maker” Exactly what your looking for http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4490

I agree, this is good.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Well, for me Pablo's bare handed bill production looks *much* more amazing, but it would be hard to use it for as many bills as the OP may need to use. (and I found it difficult to do)

It seems that Rain Maker will produce many bills all at once, but it just looks like he was hiding the extra bills in his hands. Its not clear to me that the magi can give a stage presentation to to avoid this sort of impression.

Hence, I would go back to the method in Wilson's Complete Course (or as in Jaw Droppers). For this method, the hands can be shown completely empty at the start. A down-side is the get-ready (which can be done quickly, but would require some cover.

If a large number of bills is needed, maybe a TT or two (or more) could augment it.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Produce stack of notes/bills (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL