The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chess routines. (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13131 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Is Sudo OK? He has not posted since middle November.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1004 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I'm "ok". I just needed to take some time away for reflection and set some resolutions and goals for this New Year. I appreciate your concern - thank-you.

If folks are still interested, I'd be happy to share this routine with everyone as a nice way to ring in the New Year. Just send me a PM and if there is enough interest, I'll set about getting it out to everyone.

Happy New Years' everybody. Smile
To purchase my released works, please visit: https://www.sudonimh.com
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
743 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Hi Sudo,

Have send you a PM about Enpassant a while ago.
Hope you will read it and reply to it.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:

@ Mark Chandaue: Thanks for taking the time to comment. Brian Watson's marketed effect you mentioned (Psychic Chess 2) is actually his "The Grand Master Gambit" which was first published in Syzygy and mentioned in my initial list. The *only* difference between the two is that his original routine used actual Chess pieces, while the "new" version is the exact same routine except that he uses cards with Chess pieces printed on them (instead of actual pieces) so that they can be easily carried around in a wallet. I prefer the original routine because there's just something visually appealing about actual Chess pieces that I really like and using cards with Chess pieces printed on them feels contrived to me. Additionally, the use of actual pieces also makes it much more suitable for a formal show. Of course, that's just my perspective - others may feel differently. Smile

Incorrect. Yes, Psychic Chess 2.0 does use plastic cards. These are very thin (and were expensive to produce) so they only take up a single slot in a credit card holder / wallet. You have the option of using the cards or chess pieces. However, that is *not* the *only* difference. The major difference is that all memory work (including the set up) has been removed in 2.0. That's the main difference. This gives people the option of memorising it all (set up, sequence and order removed) or nothing at all, or just using the cue / prediction and real chess pieces.

Respectfully,
Bri
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1004 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
No problem Brian.

I simply watched the performance video only, and the effect appeared identical - other than the use of cards. Sorry for the slight misrepresentation. Smile
Alexxander
View Profile
Veteran user
Frankfurt, Germany
388 Posts

Profile of Alexxander
Hey Sudo!

I hope you are doing well!

Would you please tell me more about your chess routine?
I would really like to try it out, as I am a chess player myself and I already do a little routine with chess pieces sometimes, so it would fit me very nicely, I think. Smile

Greetings,
Alex
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3859 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
As a owner/performer of Psychic Chess 2.0, I must say that I like it for many reasons. The built-in crib is nice for those of us whose memories aren't what they used to be. Plus, since it's just a set of cards, it's quite suitable for walk-around work.

If I was performing the effect for parlor or stage, I would switch out the cards for actual chess pieces.

By the way, I am a huge fan of Brian's work, and own several of his effects. Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1004 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2018, Alexxander wrote:
Would you please tell me more about your chess routine?
I would really like to try it out, as I am a chess player myself and I already do a little routine with chess pieces sometimes, so it would fit me very nicely.

Hi Alex - the routine has been released and can found in full detail in Issue #2 of my periodical Skeletons From the Closet.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Sudo, nice to make your acquaintance Smile Your routine sounds interesting.

Philemon Vanderbeck, thank you very much for your kind words Smile

Bri
Giannim
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Hi Sudo,
this routine is very interested. Is it possible to buy a copy of it ?
Thanks

P.S. your PM is full
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chess routines. (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL