The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Die box routine ideas (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4588 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
ThomasR, it is incredible! I have one too, and as I dabble in bizarre magic it is perfect for me. Wack-o-Magic makes incredible props, so if you can afford to purchase the last one, I recommend it. It will last a lifetime!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
thomasR
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Does the actual herb chest open? (Obviously the "sh*** wouldn't actually open).
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4588 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
It does not. But it is still awesome, and if you tell your story the right way, it never has to.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
thomasR
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Thanks. This is such a great find. Such a clever routine and wonderful use of the prop.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
565 Posts

Profile of Rook
I use the coin version (packs more flat) and reworked the coins to make emojis. I talk a bit about feelings and we do a bit of an experiment to see if locking them up and hiding our feelings actually makes them go away. The usual die box hilarity ensues, then the feeling that finally vanishes reappears in my pocket. True, I designed the routine for a kids' school show, but the adults truly get a kick out of it.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
thomasR
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Wow!!! BRILLIANT idea to use emojis. Hurry up and "publish" that idea before someone else takes it. That's such a great use for that prop and could totally work for any age group. A more adult themed dating story would be hilarious!!!!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
565 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2017, thomasR wrote:
Wow!!! BRILLIANT idea to use emojis. Hurry up and "publish" that idea before someone else takes it. That's such a great use for that prop and could totally work for any age group. A more adult themed dating story would be hilarious!!!!

How flattering! I really didn't think my presentation original enough to warrant publication and am rather uncertain as to how I might go about it. Good idea about the dating theme. I hadn't considered that one...
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
"I am a die collector. Just a beginner. Just started. I have 2 dice. One with 6es all around and this one."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20171 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Isn't the coin die box called, "Maggie's Night Out"?
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3111 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Isn't the coin die box called, "Maggie's Night Out"?

Hello Bill

That was Fred Haenchen's small original version (with the separate coin box for reproduction), later continued in production by George Robinson @ Viking Magic (now Viking/CW).

I do know Thayer made similar Die/Coin Boxes before Haenchen. (We have at least one.)

Probably if an interested party chose to research history he'd discover some Egyptian made and advertised one to augment his income whilst working on the pyramids. Smile

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Die box routine ideas (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL