The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » First Cooperate Event (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

_Trickstar_
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of _Trickstar_
Hi all, I've been asked to perform some workaround magic at a big event of around 600-700 people, I've never done an event of this magnitude and I'm unsure on how much I should charge, they also said they would be willing to put me up in accommodation for 1 or 2 days, but I don't think I need this.
I was looking at charging around £220/hr,
but I'm a little worried I don't want to charge too much and risk losing the work, and don't want to charge to little and devalue the industry
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing you charge will devalue the industry, only your place in it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Business can afford it. If you think you worth it do it.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I'm so happy to see the last two responses. Couldn't agree more. The price you charge is between you and the client and concerns no one else.

It's best to negotiate with the client in person or by phone. You can guage their reaction to your offer and adjust your price if they hesitate. I'm terrible at negotiation but this is what I've been told. I don't tend to make adjustments on the spot but it gives me an idea for the next negotiation.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Did you mean Corporate event? If so, pay attention to little details when you go there. A simple misspelling of the corporation's product or an executive's name (as part of some kind of prediction effect) can hurt your reputation with them. Please do not take this as a dig or being part of the grammar police. It is only a piece of advice that was passed to me years ago when I called a product "Styrofoam" which is actually trademarked by The Dow Chemical Company. Here is an example of a cup (which is not to be referred to as "a Styrofoam cup).
http://www.forte-eps-solutions.com/styro......bec.html

As far as pricing, I totally agree with (D) All of the Above.
Best wishes to you and enjoy the gig Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » First Cooperate Event (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL