The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Shaman Spirit Table EASTERN-SHAMAN.COM (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
To prevent this from happening to anyone else....... ***THIS IS NOT A JOKE***** Probably the coolest table ever made, but The Great Cahyo is not an honest man. I learned the hard way. I made a purchase with his company to produce this table for me. He took the money but never sent the table. Now ignores my emails, and messages here. He was super friendly (of course) up until the emails stopped. I wanted to get this out to our community and as wide spread as possible. If you search the other threads about this table you will find that I am not the first person this happened to, but hopefully this message will make me the last. Please learn from my mistake and do not trust this man or his corrupt company. Mr. Cahyo, only you can make this right.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Posting here to add to your warning so people don’t think this is a one-off “misunderstanding”...per separate thread, sscahyo has also failed to send me my table after I ordered/paid him over one year ago. And a few months after he had ceased responding to my periodic emails for updates, he showed up on the Bizarre Magic UK Facebook group pushing his table to other unsuspecting buyers. I posted a response to his “ad” asking for an update on my order (both to see if I could get a response, but also as warning to others who might be considering purchasing, should they see that FB posting) — still no response, no refund, no table to date.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
Mr. Cahyo has emailed me promising to send the table today, (29OCT2017) and requesting that I immediately delete these posts. I responded this morning by promising that the day the table shows up at my house and functioning exactly as advertised, I will issue an apology here to him and delete the posts.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Well, since he won’t respond to my emails, would you mind asking him about my Table? : )

At least you’ve been able to get his attention. Something I’ve been unable to do for several months.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Get a tracking number this sounds like rothbart behaviour. No excuse going silent for so long. Disrespectful at best. Never pay someone via western union that's a red flag. Sellers should not request that as only payment option.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
FYI, in April of this year, he sent me the following image. I have not heard from him since, despite the above mentioned attempts at reaching him.

Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
The only positive thing is probably that it at least looks like a table 😬
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
Well I’m at a loss for trying to figure this all out. It doesn’t make sense as far as the effort put in to convince someone their product is coming if the goal is to take the money and not deliver the product.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Yes, I'm at a complete loss as well. Why the sporadic communications...why the pictures...why complete silence but then still try to sell to other people? It is very peculiar.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
This is a great learning experience for everyone, both customers and makers;
For the customer: Pay with a way that you have recourse, make sure you take that recourse within the correct time period and also just pay half or two thirds up front.
Then you are not out quite as much. If the maker really needs it all up front that could be a sign that they really need money.
For the makers: Communicate whether it’s good news or not. Sometimes things happen that can cause a delay but I know that all of my customers have been understanding on the rare occasions when I have needed to delay a project as long as I let them know I am still here and working. Whether it’s something that can’t be controlled ie. a death or illness, or something like waiting on a special piece of hardware or something like that.
I hope he does the right thing with all that have ordered.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Just an observation gents. It's not an uncommon occurrence for someone well meaning to start producing items for sale here. Then life happens and they are unable to keep up with demand, have no business skills, get sick, spend the money.....etc and then they disappear. I could name more than a few famous names that ran off with the money.

Always use PayPal, always file a dispute before the 6 months passes. Unless it's someone with a long track record of customer satisfaction.

I think this is the same guy that made a few tables for Vic, a super honest guy and a pleasure to deal with, perhaps he can shed some light on Cahyo.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Yes, it is the same individual that supplied Vic/Gemini. Hence my willingness to be a bit more trustworthy and break my above-noted PayPal/credit card rule. Well aware that life gets in the way sometimes. Hence, my reason for keeping this out of public discussion for over a year while remaining patient. But once he stopped communicating with me, yet was continuing to offer the product and taking money from others while still not delivering my table, I determined perhaps he was no longer a reputable vendor.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Very true, I did carry these at one point. Without bashing anyone and getting into details, lets just say that I had some delivery/repair issues that I simply could not allow to continue. I know he is on the road quite a bit and there was a communication issue as well. Sucks, because they look super cool. Good luck, I hope everyone gets it.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
If he is an honest person he will now attempt to resolve the issue otherwise I think it's safe to say he has sold his last table via the Café or any other board frequented by any of us.
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
Again my goal was only to be the last person this happened to. Losing money is never fun, but the part that stings more is how much I was looking forward to having this table. Mr. Cahyo asked me to delete these posts, along with (yet another) promise that the table will be shipped and the tracking number sent by Monday. It’s now Monday evening here and Tuesday in Indonesia and I have no word at all from him. In a reply email, and then doubled here in PM I have given him the link to this thread and reiterated that the day the table shows up at my house, I will publicly apologize here and then delete all posts.
Getting back to my original goal of purchasing a Spirit Table.........Are there any creators here that can make a similar table?
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Despite PMng him here, and on another forum, and sending an email to the two email addresses I have for him since your original post, I have not heard from him either.
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
He just messaged me on YouTube asking to please give him a few hours. Vic, why do you suppose all this effort is going into the run around? I only ask because it seems like you have had more dealings with him. By the way, huge fan of Gemini Artifacts, and I love that you keep expanding the products offered! (OK gushing is over) I do not understand the need Cahyo has to continue the ruse.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
It is weird. Early on, he would send me messages (after a couple of attempts from me asking about status), that it needed longer to dry b/c it was the rainy season. He then sent me an earlier pic of the table (earlier than the One posted above). A couple of months later he said it was on its way, then went radio silent. A couple of months after that, he finally responded saying he had been “bad” and to forgive him, but table would be out soon. Then silence. Curious, if he is really reading these posts, why he still hasn’t reached out to me, but still promising you that yours will be on its way. It’s like my year-old order no longer exists to him.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
A big thank you to those who have posted about this dealer. I WAS interested in this item until coming across this thread. I'm no longer interested in purchasing this item.

I feel your pain in having to wait for your paid in full item to be delivered, if at all. I'm having the same problem trying to receive a table I ordered and paid for coming up on two years ago from Proline. Don't buy from Proline. He's in the same category as this dealer. He doesn't deliver.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
This guy took my money and gave me hell for this table. I had to resort to all sorts of threat tactics including that I will trace the local police station in his area and speak to them. At least so that they will know about him and he will get noted. Then he bent and after a long delay sent me a non working, missing electronics table. When I reached out to him again he went into ignore mode.

Had to source and figure out a way to make my own electronics parts etc to get it working.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Shaman Spirit Table EASTERN-SHAMAN.COM (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL