The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Wild Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I did many years ago but forget. Can somebody help me to remember?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Remember what?
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
There are MANY variations of the Wild Card effect. Hone us in on what you're looking for ?
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I think it might be the original where at the end all card are the same face up.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Get the cards and several variations here for $9: http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......id=13319
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
JP Vallarino has a killer "Ultimate Wild Card". Especially if you can find the music that has the "boom" after each reveal.😁
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
I think Tommy Wonder has one of the best overall presentations. There are other versions with more elegant changes (like Vallarino's), but Wonder's is motivated (a rarity among WC versions) and quite entertaining.

You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvURE6ueeEk

Actually, I think Card Shark bought the rights and sells their version with Phoenix deck with matching gaffs and teaching video.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2017, DaveGripenwaldt wrote:
I think Tommy Wonder has one of the best overall presentations. There are other versions with more elegant changes (like Vallarino's), but Wonder's is motivated (a rarity among WC versions) and quite entertaining.

You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvURE6ueeEk

Actually, I think Card Shark bought the rights and sells their version with Phoenix deck with matching gaffs and teaching video.

I never get tired of watching Tommy Wonder! Smile.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
You could try John Racherbaumer's Wild Card Kit, available as an ebook from Lybrary.com. He discusses lots of variations.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, Dollarbill wrote:
JP Vallarino has a killer "Ultimate Wild Card". Especially if you can find the music that has the "boom" after each reveal.😁

agreed..also my favorite version ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
There's also the book(!) Wild Card Miracles by Frank Garcia.

Julie
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Tom Dobrowolski sells an in the hands Wild Card DVD that is suitable for strolling work.
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2017, joseph wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, Dollarbill wrote:

agreed..also my favorite version ...

I third that.Hands down my favorite version. Not easy to master but the routine is well thought out....and the music he uses is perfect.

I spent a fair amount of time on this version,and very happy with the results. Artistic Smile
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2017, ejohn wrote:
Get the cards and several variations here for $9: http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......id=13319

This is another vote for this dvd from Gerry Griffin, who has a little magic shop (featuring magic shows with dinner) in Martinez California. Like ejohn says, there are several variations on the basic plot that come with this dvd. Have fun. (and to refresh the OP'S memory, the basic plot is when several cards are introduced to a 'wild card', they are later changed to that wild card). But....many many variations. Explore them all.). Lynn
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Julie, do you recommend Garcia's book? I'm curious how advanced it is -- e. g., what kinds of sleights are required. You may (or may not) remember that I've been studying magiic for a year and a half or so. My double lift is finally coming in, but I have yet to learn any false counts, though I'd like to because I like the idea of performing packet tricks. II tend to like small things (smallest thing of its kind, like tiny pumpkins on Halloween). I've been practicing the small packet double lift for color monte. I have yet to perform much.

Thanks,

Bob
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
If I am not mistaken - Stand Up Monte is a wild card effect presented as a 3 card monte demonstration.
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
I would also recommend World's Greatest Magic dvd/download dedicated solely to Wild Card routines.. I know Tommy Wonder has a routine there .. I bought it specifically because of his inclusion..

mG
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, ATXTimeLord wrote:
I would also recommend World's Greatest Magic dvd/download dedicated solely to Wild Card routines.. I know Tommy Wonder has a routine there .. I bought it specifically because of his inclusion..

mG

Tamed Cards I believe. 👍
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
I really like a derivation of Wild Card by Wesley James called Watch the Wild Ace!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Wild Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL