The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Forte Deck (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
As far as I'm concern, yes. What about you, what do you think about that kind of deck?
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
AMcD! I'd love to start a war! But... I have to admit even I am not sure about our french sometimes... But thanks for the other words, I do appreciate them!

Cag, When I said hi-lo for Blackjack, I was only saying that Steve cut/strip them so all aces and value 10 were on top. If I suggested it was used for Blackjack, my apologies, it was not my intention. I don't really see how you could use it for BlcakJack. Maybe for a demo, not in a real situation. Even for a banker and broker game, you would rely on belly strippers, not this deck (although it could work...). This deck does not withstand a wash shuffle, like a wedge stripper, because that is what it is. It's not made the same way but it has the same use.

Also, When I talked about cutting the deck, I meant he makes the strip look like a cut at the end of a riffle sequence. I did not know you would take the time to look it up. Anyway, that was the idea of this deck, to make the stripping action feel more like a cut at the end of a riffle sequence. I am not the one that created it, but was asked to make one based on this video and on little information that the person had after playing with this very deck. I am convinced it already existed before ( before me or Steve, or Erdnase or Maskelyne!). I have been making some for the last year and a half for people who were always asking for the Forte stripper or Forte deck, so I guess the name stuck.

Not a deck for gamblers, just for magicians. There a lot of other things for gamblers...

Mr. Bones, thank you very much for the appreciation of my work. Thank you also happy003.

Cheers,

Steph

p.s. I was a little stunned that this deck started a post in the gambling spot, not that I mind at all. As for my adds, I like them to sound like the old gambling catalogs of a time gone by.
TH10111
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of TH10111
Hey slim,

Thanks for your responses and clarifications.

We can always rely on you to find the more interesting gaffs!

Keep up the great work Smile
Card_Flips
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Card_Flips
Got a few decks that Slim has worked on

Fantastic quality

I’m getting a few of these just to mess with people
It’s a fun effect
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Slim does great work, and is a very nice guy, which is strange for a French speaking person ;-)
JJS
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I can see that being French Canadian, and a "French speaking person" has its challenges on this forum. Smile
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
Thanks guys!

Your comments mean a lot coming from this place!

TH10111, finding new gaffs what is fun about the job. I am glad you like the information.

JJ, again with the french jokes!!! No worries!

Slim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Forte Deck (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL