The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "Get more followers on social media"-trick... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AndreJ
View Profile
New user
Sweden/@andrewestberg
66 Posts

Profile of AndreJ
Hi!

I have a basic idea for a trick and I would like to brainstorm with you about it.

The basic idea is that the magician makes some kind of trick/mindreading and reveals the information in some interesting way. As a kicker, the magician asks the spectators to reach for their phone and check out the magicians "Instagram" (or Facebook, twitter etc).

On the magicians profile page or stream is a photo with the information. Everything is wrapped up with "be sure to follow me on Instagram while you´re there".

One problem is that the same information will be shown to a lot of people. This could make the effect weaker. Another problem is that the information MUST be something that can be forced.

Advantages is that the trick could bring more followers.

Thoughts?
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
2689 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I've seen posts shared on Facebook by Rick Lax that work that way. People are impressed enough to share them because they are fun but when you look in the comments they are all talking about how it works. I guess you just have to present it as fun magic and imply that of course, you do the "realy good" stuff in person.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
AndreJ
View Profile
New user
Sweden/@andrewestberg
66 Posts

Profile of AndreJ
Maybe I’m not explaining it right. I mean a trick in the real world where the final reveal is shown online, on the Magician’s social media page.

Not posting a trick online.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
2689 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I understood that. I the results would be the same. David Copperfield had effects where the home TV audience would put their fingers on the screen and follow directions. In the end he would reveal that he "knew" where their finger would end up. It was fun to participate in but didn't take long to realize that everyone ended up on the same spot.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
AndreJ
View Profile
New user
Sweden/@andrewestberg
66 Posts

Profile of AndreJ
Right. But how do we tackle that problem? Different answers on different platforms could work. Like a multiple out online.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
Fawn Grove, PA
1290 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Singular links - like YouTube videos set to "unlisted" can work. I've also seen ways to do prediction reveals with FB and Twitter (though I can't be sure it'll still work since both platforms have received multiple updates since I read those methods), and Tom Phoenix has a great one using an audio file posted online.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Boffo: http://tinyurl.com/jlb4mbf
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
imgic
View Profile
Special user
Moved to Seattle to see
820 Posts

Profile of imgic
Something along this line?

https://youtu.be/E9KuWxhSIrs
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "Get more followers on social media"-trick... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL