The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Synchronicity by Jeff Sheridan (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just received this trick from Viking/Collectors Workshop. As usual, the quality of workmanship by CW is awesome, as you would expect. I highly recommend.
And they always have great customer service.
Here's the ad blurb, below photo:

Jeff Sheridan is quite a clever performer and inventor and as many of you know, Jeff began the modern day movement of street magic in NY. While Jeff continues to perform on the Continent, he has taken some time off to bring some of his creations to life. Synchronicity is his latest and it is a winner.

You receive 5 beautifully executed wooden boxes engraved with ESP symbols. Each box contains an interesting item; a key, a ring, a small pencil, a stone and a penny.

The spectator mixes the boxes and then settles on one without knowing its contents. The performer turns his back so that he can not see the spectator's selection. The spectator then replaces the box and mixes it with the others.

Now comes the interesting part. The performer begins tapping the lid of each box at random and then asks the spectator to silently spell the name of the item he is thinking of as the performer continues to tap the boxes. When the spectator finishes spelling the item (let's assume its the K-E-Y), he calls "stop". The performer pushes the box that he last tapped forward and it proves to be the box that contains the thought of object!

POINTS TO REMEMBER:

There is no force. Each box contains only one object and there are no duplicates. The performer turns his back when the selection is made and the boxes are mixed. The performer does not ask any questions and there is no form of "magician's choice", etc. Boxes can be examined and the effect can be repeated with a different outcome. Instant reset. Comes with all the props including detailed instructions.

https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/sync......heridan/
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Beautiful boxes. I love Jeff's work. In this trick, two classical principles are connected. Thanks for the review! Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
And considering this effect is made out of beautiful wood -- the price was reasonable as well. Thanks Mr. Doublehorn.
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
I was totally smoked by this trick last year. I have wanted to buy it since then and now feels like the right time. I'm a little worried about paying online via a website, can anyone recommend a good dealer to buy it from?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
It is being sold by VikingMagic, this is one of the most honest dealers and I have ever known in the business, get it from him
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
Thanks pabloinus! I always prefer a recommendation versus relying on a google search. I will order it from VikingMagic.
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
The little props that come with it are nice, but I use US coins instead. Penny through Kennedy Half, which is easier to remember. And, yes, the quality of these boxes is fantastic. Audiences even make that comment after handling them!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
Excellent, I put my order in today. Can't wait to get them.
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Any objective review ?
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of avimag51
I saw a performance on Alakazam Vlog and disapointed. Apart from the quality of the boxes , its not very impressive. The preformer saw the box that the spectator choosed , so I guess that there some kind of differents sign of every box.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I may have gotten a dud but I was disappointed upon receiving my set of boxes.
Three of the boxes had the imprinting on top a very noticeably lighter shade, one was very faint.
One of the boxes also had a small blemish in the lid of the box. This is a naturally occurring thing in any wood but in this case it should have been scrapped IMO. Nothing I can do to fix that. When you are manufacturing a trick such as this you just have to accept that you are going to have more waste than usual due to the nature of the trick.

By holding my breath and using a very fine tipped marker I was able to match up the imprints just about perfectly but I should not have had to do this obviously.
Since I happened to purchase this from across the pond at Alakazam, returning it was not a very easy option.
But I am happy with it now. I only bought it to rotate in to the effects I keep inside a display case in my home. I could eliminate the one box with the blemish but I rather like it now, kind of serves as a red herring if anyone notices it, and they "probably" won't. But still, for the price I think they should be closer to perfect than mine were.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Synchronicity by Jeff Sheridan (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL