The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Secrets (book) by Anthony Owen, producer for Derren Brown, John Archer, Pete Firman, etc. (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
SECRETS IS HERE!

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/card-magic/secrets/

This book is incredible! From the quality of the tricks to the actual quality of the book itself.

Anthony Owen is known as one of the most influential creators in the field of mentalism, and many of his original plots and effects are featured in the repertoires of the most famous and respected performers in the field. Mr. Owen is also acknowledged as an expert in the realm of television magic, having produced some of the most memorable content for Derren Brown, John Archer, Pete Firman, and dozens of others. Now, for the first time, Anthony has authored a hardbound collection—the definitive collected works—of his lifetime in magic.

Anthony has created magic and mentalism with business cards, playing cards, borrowed objects, and more. The focus in Secrets is on parlor material, which should be a refreshing surprise for those of us who are constantly in search of good material for large groups. Anthony’s material is almost always interactive, and focused on premise rather than technique. There’s always a fascinating wrinkle to Anthony’s presentations. You’ll learn a routine based around a game show, a diabolical card trick you can watch from underneath, dozens of other fantastic routines that don’t require tremendous practice.

237 pages
45 tricks
Gorgeous hardbound, laminate cover
In addition to all of this, Anthony has also penned an essay on magic for television, which is essential reading if you wish to work in this field. With a glowing introduction by Andy Nyman, Secrets is the mentalism release of the year, and a book we know you will return to again and again.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, eboetcker wrote:
From the quality of the tricks

That's going to upset/annoy many of the 'penny for your thoughts' guys
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Is there a contents [?]

It says it has the best from the last 25 years - so [although 10+ years old] does it have his lottery effect [trick]

I guess others may have improved on it and I already have a better version [or not] but I was wondering

As the trailer only mentions oil and water...

Thanks

p.s. anyone got a review... at this stage I'll even take a Madison review xx
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, eboetcker wrote:
From the quality of the tricks

That's going to upset/annoy many of the 'penny for your thoughts' guys

Apparently you can't even call it 'effects' Smile

Looking forward to more reviews of this book!
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Is there a contents [?]

It says it has the best from the last 25 years - so [although 10+ years old] does it have his lottery effect [trick]

I guess others may have improved on it and I already have a better version [or not] but I was wondering

As the trailer only mentions oil and water...

Thanks

p.s. anyone got a review... at this stage I'll even take a Madison review xx

This is very good book and I can confirm the lottery is included along with updated improvements
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
How many of these effects can be performed close-up in a walk around gig?

Sleepy
cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
Could someone list the the contents (effects) within the book?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Still no contents?

I was excited by the lottery effect being in this book

But I suspect that it is totally dependent on DR

And when it says the numbers are 'Printed' on the bottom of the ticket - it's not something I could perform to a small parlour show

I'm glad there was no list of contents listed - as I was about to hit the buy button... but I now suspect the effect I was most excited about has DR that I can't live with

It's just not the sort of effect I want to do

Would love for someone in the know to say - it is not the case

I do love PW or NW but not if the end result needs DR to sell it

Thanks
Magicgeek2017
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek2017
Anthony Owen posted the full list of contents on his Twitter account several days ago.

You can also find more details (and order signed copies) here: http://tvmagic.co.uk/2012/?product=anthony-owens-secrets

The Duster you may be interested to know that the 12 pages devoted to Mr Owen's original lottery effect include many additional ideas which move it beyond a DR effect.

And even if you don't like that effect that are 45 other effects which you may like...

Pity you've decided to miss out on the book which many are raving about.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I ordered today. I have never been disappointed by Owen' material
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2017, brehaut wrote:
I ordered today. I have never been disappointed by Owen' material

That definitely won't be changing!
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
This is a fabulous addition to my library.
Magicgeek2017
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek2017
There is now a full list of contents and some raves about this book here: http://tvmagic.co.uk/2012/?product=anthony-owens-secrets
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
360 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
Ok I took the plunge last week and got the book super quickly . I’m halfway through and loving it, great tricks and smart thinking. This is a tip top read!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Just ordered it! Love ALL his work!
Magicgeek2017
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek2017
Some great quotes appeared on the internet today about the book from Andy Nyman, John Archer and Chris Cox. This is in addition to the ones already published from Steve Cook, Liam Montier and others.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Still no contents?

I was excited by the lottery effect being in this book

But I suspect that it is totally dependent on DR

And when it says the numbers are 'Printed' on the bottom of the ticket - it's not something I could perform to a small parlour show

I'm glad there was no list of contents listed - as I was about to hit the buy button... but I now suspect the effect I was most excited about has DR that I can't live with

It's just not the sort of effect I want to do

Would love for someone in the know to say - it is not the case

I do love PW or NW but not if the end result needs DR to sell it

Thanks

This is NOT DR !
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
It's not [?]

So when the performer says the number is 'printed' on the lottery ticket

That means the same thing to both the spec on stage as to the audience [?]

Why does Mr Owen very quickly put the ticket away in the video and not show it to the audience [?]

Thanks
Magicgeek2017
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek2017
Hi The Duster

The video is from a performance of Mr Owen's original version of the effect. This new book contains lots of additional thoughts including enabling the spectator on stage to believe that they see a printed ticket and for a real printed lottery ticket to be handed out to the audience as a souvenir.

It would be unfair to those who have invested wisely in this purchase to share more in this forum.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2017, Magicgeek2017 wrote:
Hi The Duster

The video is from a performance of Mr Owen's original version of the effect. This new book contains lots of additional thoughts including enabling the spectator on stage to believe that they see a printed ticket and for a real printed lottery ticket to be handed out to the audience as a souvenir.

It would be unfair to those who have invested wisely in this purchase to share more in this forum.

I agree if you want to know Stop Fishing and Buy the Book !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Secrets (book) by Anthony Owen, producer for Derren Brown, John Archer, Pete Firman, etc. (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL