The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tactical Trick Sheets (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bpeters16
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of bpeters16
I definitely do. However I did not choose to post this topic or where it was posted so I have no control over that. Maybe the poster should have it moved to the appropriate section. We have outlined very clearly what it does do and if maybe you could stop throwing shade and realize that this place has some very dedicated members who pay for it already. Maybe it isn't a scam and the magic police can let us off with a warning this time.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And maybe I didn't say anything bad until you came after me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I agree, nobody said it was a scam. You seem to be claiming things that were never said. The OP asked if we had heard anything about this and provided a link. He didn't find this on his own, he was targeted, so it is perfectly normal for members here to ask others here their thoughts and to question it. Three or more of us offered what it seemed like to them, nothing more.

I could see some finding it odd that it was discovered this way with nothing previously remembered about this being posted here. Hence the perceptions.

I personally think instead of getting all defensive and having your community members chime in to praise you, you should use this information offered here as useful insight. If four people here had the same concern or perceptions, perhaps you might want to take that into consideration of how you are positioning this and the perceptions you are giving off. This could be valuable information, especially coming from those with great experience in this realm. Same for your community members, it is important to understand perception is often more important than actual reality. Also how you communicate what you do can be received differently than intended.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, thesmurfman wrote:

I have been a member of this site since the moment I entered magic over 2 years ago.
The reason some of us choose not to participate much here is.... well ... this attitude.
I stopped trying to participate here for this very reason.

Again, hence the point. Regularly contributing, experienced members here and their opinions often carry more weight based on knowledge, insight, and that experience than praises and posts with someone only in magic for two years (and not a contributing member here). Certainly, you can understand this?

It is not "attitude" as you state as much as it is beginners trying to go toe to toe and believing their opinions are the same as insights from those with experience and knowledge of what they are still learning.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I didn't say nobody said it was a scam. Only that I had not said it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thesmurfman
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of thesmurfman
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, thesmurfman wrote:

I have been a member of this site since the moment I entered magic over 2 years ago.
The reason some of us choose not to participate much here is.... well ... this attitude.
I stopped trying to participate here for this very reason.

Again, hence the point. Regularly contributing, experienced members here and their opinions often carry more weight based on knowledge, insight, and that experience than praises and posts with someone only in magic for two years (and not a contributing member here). Certainly, you can understand this?

It is not "attitude" as you state as much as it is beginners trying to go toe to toe and believing their opinions are the same as insights from those with experience and knowledge of what they are still learning.

But the people you are saying with experience, soley because they post a lot here... did not try the product in question?
So far all the people who tried the product who spoke up, have nothing but positive to say.

The topic of discussion was the about the value of the discounted product? We gave our opinions, I am now going to stop participating in this thread, as I have every other time I dared attempt to participate in a thread on this site. Hope everyone has a lovely day, to those of you choose to try Conjuror Community or the Trick Selection Program, you will probably love it, and get something out of it. That is really all I can say.

To those who want to spend their time with sceptisism and negativity, have fun. To each their own.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is not all you can say. You will have a lot more Posts saying more. The lady doth protest too much.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
[quote]On Nov 19, 2017, thesmurfman wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, Mindpro wrote:

But the people you are saying with experience, soley because they post a lot here...

The topic of discussion was the about the value of the discounted product?

Again, two things that were never said, but that you twisted to arrive at your own meaning. I referred to regularly contributing, known members here that ALSO had longtime professional experience. I never said just because someone posts here and has many posts that equates to true experience. Those of that are regulars here know that is not the case at all, lol.

Also, the topic wasn't about the value of a discounted product it was "what are they?" and if anyone knew or had heard anything about it?

Comments also were on this course, not necessarily the offerings of the rest of the community. Seems several of you and your friends lumped it all together, steering it away from the actual intent.

As I said I am glad several have found value with them and their community.

Also, skepticism is not negativity and is a good thing to help prevent people from getting ripped off, especially newer guys or gals to magic, while actually looking out for them and their interestes in what for many can be a very overwhelming period.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I know nothing about the item since I don’t own it, but I did watch the video and the product sounds like it could save the beginner a ton of money. That’s just my opinion. I like many, can remember wasting money on the newest product looking for the perfect trick. And having been a magic dealer I do understand how magic buyers wanting to put together an act could use some honest/helpful advice on the purchase. I'm sure some of the experienced could probably get some use from it too.

I say, good luck with it.

Tom
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
I haven't seen this thing. Maybe I'll get it today and review it here. If it sucks, I'll ask for my money back, but then, you will have a review from someone who has been making a living in this business for a little over 18 years. Not sure there will be anything of value to me, but since I commented and the offer is available, I may do this. I can tell you a few things that I know for sure:

Danny has been at this for a long time. He worked at a place I used to fill in at in Chicago and ANYTHING Danny says is usually solid gold.

I have everything offered by Mind Pro and his material is also gold and has made me thousands of dollars over what I paid.

Finally, The book Maximum Entertainment gives all the information this product seems to offer and more, however, it does not touch on business and neither does this tick sheet product, which is why I'm confused as to "why" it was posted in this area.

Lastly, I think the creators of the product are also the people posting here, if that is the case, your integrity sucks!

Either way, I will drop a few bucks on this in a little bit and I'll come back with a fair review in the near future.
traviswellsmagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of traviswellsmagic
The conjuror community is not what is wrong with magic. It is negativity like is seen in this post. The original person asked for advice on the product. So naturally people who have bought and used the product would want to chime in and tell you how awesome the product is. However immediately, the post was bombarded with people who knew nothing about the product and were speculating things that didn’t actually conform with the product at all. Isn’t it strange that the people who have actually purchased products from the conjuror community haven’t posted much or at all in the Café? (I am the later, as this is my first post in the 3 years that I have been a member of the Café). I agree that is does probably seem strange. So let me shed light on it. The reason we don’t post in the Café is because we have a community of our own called the conjuror community. Why post there instead of here? I was a member of the conjuror community before it was even the conjuror community. In allll that time, I have never seen any negativity in a single post, question, video etc. only positive constructive criticisms, helpful solid resources to answer questions without belittling the questionnaire for their experience level and praise. There are people in the community who are just starting out, but there are also members who are professionals and every possible experience level in between. We aren’t just a community, we’re like a family. Wouldn’t you stand up for family when they were being talked about poorly (especially if the bashing was untrue)? As for the question of thinking we are all just the creator using different accounts or whatever, the creator of CC is Aaron Fisher. If you don’t know who he is, you probably aren’t as well established and educated in the magic community as you would have us all believe. He is one of the best and most talented teachers in the magic community today. He is joined by several other professional magicians to teach you everything you need to know to be successful at any aspect of magic. The CC is one of the best decisions anyone can make that is interested in magic. For the post just before this one, I sincerely hope that you do purchase the product, or even better, just join the community. See what it’s all about. I eagerly await your 5 star review and I’ll see you over at the CC!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Thank you for your honesty. I respect that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
I know nothing about the item since I don’t own it, but I did watch the video and the product sounds like it could save the beginner a ton of money. That’s just my opinion. I like many, can remember wasting money on the newest product looking for the perfect trick. And having been a magic dealer I do understand how magic buyers wanting to put together an act could use some honest/helpful advice on the purchase. I'm sure some of the experienced could probably get some use from it too.

I say, good luck with it.

Tom

To be clear, I was speaking about the one single product. Not the Paid Membership Site.
We seem to mixing two different things here.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If the site or product has enough devoted filters good for them. If they think they are getting what they want or have paid for then absolutely keep at it and don't let anyone tell you different.

I would prefer not being attacked for simply saying it seems too good to be true. The true believers need to back off some because our makes it seem suspicious.

In the end Mike will review it. Hopefully he is pleasantly surprised and we see a glowing review.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Rattooth
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Rattooth
I’m going to post my review of the new movie JUSTICE LEAGUE, and comment on the integrity of the producers. Oh, wait , I haven’t seen it yet.
Rattooth
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Rattooth
Why was this posted in this area? First post was not by a member of CC. The experienced pro will find he agrees with a lot taught here, I think.
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
REVIEW: As I said earlier, I agreed to purchase thing and give an honest review. Here it is:

When I make a purchase I always like to get something from it. Even if that something is very small. If I find ANYTHING that I can actually use, I can justify the purchase. With that said, I will not be asking for a refund because I found the information useful, but I will be honest, I was looking for a reason to ask for the refund.

Aaron Fisher takes his time and is very clear and through with his explanations, each step of the way. Before I go any further, I had no interest in any of the tricks that were taught with the program and that's only because I focus on making the material I have been using for years, stronger. Learning "new" tricks is absolutely of no interest to me. However, the tricks supplied and their explanations are very well taught.

There is nothing to help you improve your presentation style, other than generalities. To be fair, that would be beyond the scope of what is being offered in this Trick Selection Course. The ad copy is absolutely accurate, as to what you are getting. You also get a couple of bonus things in there too. They are a nice gesture.

So, what did I learn? I learned "why" both of my acts work. Unconsciously, I have been doing what is taught in this course, for years. Although, I've never really thought much about it. I just did it because it seemed like the right way to do this stuff. So, now I know why it works. The steps in this course break everything down and make it more understandable. I think anyone who is successful as a performer already does what is taught here. But, if you do not perform for a living, or very often, the information in this course is priceless when it comes to structure and putting an act together.

Now, let me be clear, I think magic is stupid. I also think dancing is stupid and I should've married a women with no legs, but that's another story. Seriously though, the reason I think magic is stupid is because way to often it comes across as nothing more than a puzzle that most people cannot figure out. It is too many angle restrictions or it's just not practical for real performances situations. I also feel like magic with a great presentation takes the puzzle part out of the equation and creates an experience that can have a lasting impact. For instance, when I perform, I use magic as a way to make people laugh, forget about their everyday life for a little while and leave them with something positive to remember. This formula has made me a living and supported my family well above the level of being comfortable, in a field that most people couldn't figure out how to monotonize if their life depended on it.

This course is, in my opinion, would be most valuable to someone who already has some presentational skills because without a strong, likable personality accompanied by an equally strong presentation, you will never be worth watching, booking or re-booking. My suggestion is to get this along with the book Maximum Entertainment and you will have a winning combination.

Finally, this course absolutely, positively, 110% does NOT belong in this category with which it was posted because it has nothing what-so-ever to do with business.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Thanks cbguy. Exactly as I thought.

Tom
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Everybody I'm so sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. What would have been the correct one? Cbguy thank you for your review I still don't know if this is for me but you make things very clear as to what this is. To everyone who participated in the discussion I really appreciate your care and opinions. Danny and Mindpro thank you for your skepticism. It looks like that is what really got the ball rolling. Members of the CC thank you for your opinions and insights into the community. While the forum was a bit heated at times ultimately it's what led to the honest review provided by cbguy. That is what will do more to educate about the tick sheets than anything else imo. THANK YOU!
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Rattooth
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Rattooth
Conjuring Community also has lessons from :
David Oliver, Steve Barcellona, John Gustaferro, Suzanne, Perseus Arkomanis ,Nathan Kranzo and more. And first week of December a lecture by Michael Ammar. So if the Trick Selection is not what you want, there is a ton of other good magic taught by well known professionals.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tactical Trick Sheets (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL