The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Three Pellet Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
What: The Three Pellet Test
Author: Ted Karmilovich

What is it: The Three Pellet Test is a totally impromptu (if you want it to be) demonstration between the performer and a participant. Seeing as to how the only items needed are some slips of paper and pen or pencil to write with, I would also call this a propless demonstration as well, others may disagree. The demonstration goes like this, some words are written on the slips of paper, which are then crumpled into little pellets. The performer and the participant each take one pellet out of a choice of three and they match each other! So do the second ones! And the third! As it is written the three pellet test is a 3 phase routine, and this is just the first phase. However, you could actually get away with doing more than just 3 phases if your audience is properly seasoned for the cooking.

Seriously, sometimes you find a routine that just kills, and I mean completely kills yet when you find out the methods behind it you sit back and say “Really? That’s all there was to it? How does THIS kill so much?” Well, this isn’t one of those routines. No, this is one of those routines that will make you cuss upon learning the how. This routine has fooled some of the best and brightest minds in our sector of magical performance art. Do not let it fool you. While I have no yet had an opportunity to perform this yet, I see the great potential within it and I can see just how easily you can hook your audience with this. Mr. Karmilovich has given the mentalism community one of the most devious and insanely bold routines that I’ve laid eyes on. Seriously, he must clank when he walks.

Who is the audience: This routine will work with any number of people from one up to a parlor sized room. This is not suitable for stage performance without some MAJOR renovations and reworking.

All of this has been an opinion. It is only an opinion.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Three Pellet Test (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL