The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Wallet Wicks. Black or White. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Does anyone know if anyone sells Fire Wallets with black wicks?
I just received a wallet from Penquin Magic. It was a Theatre Magic 2.0 wallet.
This was to replace my old worn wallet I've used for many years. My old wallet was also a Theatre Magic 2.0 wallet which I purchased directly from Theatre Magic years ago.
I bought it when the 2.0 version first came out. It had a spring closing mechanism (no m*****s) and black wick pads.
The new one I received looks exactly the same except the wick pads are white and there wasn't a black slider card (for card in wallet) included. (The slider card is not an issue)
I prefer the black wick pads because it's less noticeable when you have black wicks on a black background rather than white pads.
I chatted online with a Penguin rep and was told that they have never heard of wallets with black wick pads. The rep didn't sound too sure so I left an email message with the customer service team last night. I'll be calling "Theatre Magic" today.
Meanwhile, does anyone on the Magic Café know the story of whether black wick pads are still available?
I can return my wallet to Penguin if someone else has the black pads available.
Thank you,
Ihor
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Get some black leather dye and you can dye the wick. You can also use the leather dye to color flash paper.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2017, Wravyn wrote:
Get some black leather dye and you can dye the wick. You can also use the leather dye to color flash paper.

Thanks.
Have you actually done this?
Will the dye smoke or give off odor or fumes?
I've never heard of leather dye.
Where do,you get it?
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I found it on Walmarts website.
Thanks.
Ihor
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Once the dye has dried, there should not be any odd smells or fumes, at least nothing noticeable.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Wravyn,
Thanks for the tip.
It works great.
Ihor
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Most welcome. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Wallet Wicks. Black or White. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL