The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chris Ramsay - Chess Guess (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Any tips on battery life? I charged mine up when I got it. Then went to use it a few days later and it was dead. So charged it again. Then got to the gig and tested before I approached someone. Then started the routine and it wouldn't buzz for either hand. I took a punt and just guessed and got it wrong. Looked like a chump. Then moved on to something else and tried to save face. It's not the most convenient design for switching on and off discreetly so I want to know how other people Are handling it? I want to use it early on in my show but now I'm worried I can't trust it. Unless mine is faulty?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13110 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
It sounds like you may have a faulty set. Contact the dealer you bought it from or the manufacturer.

You have discovered the reason I don't usually use electronics, and if I do, I have an out/alternative method or presentation if they fail (I learned the hard way).

I will PM you an out, so you an always get out of this type of effect.
It is not a repeatable out, so you do it once and move on.

Tony
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
108 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
That was my concern, what if it becomes 'faulty' and doesn't work correctly mid performance, I mean you could style it out but you need to know the reliability of the product when you are investing.
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
39 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
Why the hell chess pieces?! There are great devieces around aloowing for a multitude of objects.. where (when not framed in a stage show) you will find the possibility to incorporate chess pieces naturally? That is a pointless product..
Sanks
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Can this be done with particular types of coins or are you restricted to the chess pieces?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
Fawn Grove, PA
1455 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
It's a set - you're restricted to the chess piece supplied.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16160 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Shame there's no UK stockists...
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
It sounds like you may have a faulty set. Contact the dealer you bought it from or the manufacturer.

You have discovered the reason I don't usually use electronics, and if I do, I have an out/alternative method or presentation if they fail (I learned the hard way).

Tony

You can always tell the workers from the armchair people by post like these. I agree 100% with you Tony about electronics in magic or mentalism.
"I think it's clear that if we move people emotionally and have them experience our show on a visceral level they will have been entertained." Me

"When I was young I thought I was clever and could change the world. But now I am wise and instead changed MYSELF." Sudo Nimh
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Tony

You can always tell the workers from the armchair people by post like these. I agree 100% with you Tony about electronics in magic or mentalism.

Bryn Reynolds has one of the best outs for this situation in his Safwan Papers ebook - It’s really brilliant!
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

NIGHTSKY 2.0 :: Unique, Powerful & Engaging Pocket Mentalism!
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use cart MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/nightsky-2-0
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
1926 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2018, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:

Bryn Reynolds has one of the best outs for this situation in his Safwan Papers ebook - It’s really brilliant!

Thanks very much, D....

Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
Available at Outlaw Effects, or direct through me:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-arsenal/e-books/the-logar-scrolls.html

PayPal me at: cavscout19@hotmail.com

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmil.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chris Ramsay - Chess Guess (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL