The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Reel Magic Free weekend! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I concur. I've always thought that something like HBO-Go would make a better analogy than Netflix.
That said, I still think it's a great deal, and there's a ton of amazing material, with regular new stuff.

As far as magazine regularity goes, it's worth noting that different ones are on different cadences. Some are monthly. Time (and others) are weekly. This one's two (or maybe three?) times a year. That's totally fine, and not misleading.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
We really do about 4 a year....plus the other content....over the last 14 months we will have done 5 with the release of the Steve Valentin issue. We are heading in a different direction for sure. we think the magazine has great value and will continue to produce it BUT we also want to give people the additional content that can also have an impact on the learning curve. Things like the Garrett Thomas Ring Course. Or the ability to release content like the Cellini Lectures we did which by the way we have more of this material coming.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Are you saying 4 issues including Steve Spill [October 2016] to Feb 2017 [?]

So that's 4 issues spanned [released over a three year period] ?l

No, 4 issues spanned [released over a 16 Month period(Maybe a few weeks less).]
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
4 issues spanned [released over a one year, 5 month and 20 day period].
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 12:19 pm
Hey everyone
Issue 49 ON Demand is now available at

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 08:55 pm
Hey Everyone
Issue 50 of Reel Magic is NOW Available

One issue every 9 months?

Obviously they are focussing on other parts of the business, but the other parts can’t be called ‘extras’ they are ‘insteads’

I’m sure it’s a great product

Would be good if it was monthly – or bi-monthly

It's not $5 a month [issue] but $45 an issue...

I’m sure they are producing the other stuff as that’s what most their customers want

And Kosmo seems like he's one of the good guys
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 12:19 pm
Hey everyone
Issue 49 ON Demand is now available at

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 08:55 pm
Hey Everyone
Issue 50 of Reel Magic is NOW Available

One issue every 9 months?

Obviously they are focussing on other parts of the business, but the other parts can’t be called ‘extras’ they are ‘insteads’

I’m sure it’s a great product

Would be good if it was monthly – or bi-monthly

It's not $5 a month [issue] but $45 an issue...

I’m sure they are producing the other stuff as that’s what most their customers want

And Kosmo seems like he's one of the good guys

As I wrote 4 issues were released in a year and a half.

You're confusing the Issues and On Demand Plus. Kozmo usually posts something nearly every month to On Demand Plus. Each issue is available on DVD for purchase for $12. You can prepay for 6 issues for $60, which works out to $10 per issue. Subscribing to On Demand is optional, not mandatory.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Ok so since december 15th we've put up the Cameron Francis Lecture, The Live at the Jaihouse 3 DVD Set, A season of TNT..or half season I guess....the Jason Ladayne Lecture and issue 50.....for on demand subscribers that would be $20 and you also have access to
a dozen other lectures....4 other seasons of reel magic ....every issue of reel magic and a ton more AND you also get access and the ability to use the Marketplace which by the way is going to be expanding a lot over the next couple of months

Im sure theres $5 worth of value someplace on the site BUT you are correct. We have to make choices. And we try to base our choices on what our customers want. Lectures seem to be high on that list. that's why do the things we do. IF someone wants just the issues of the magazine I would suggest the dvd subscriptions as Mantel suggested above and yes Ducter, I really try hard to be one of the good guys

Working hard everyday to make sure reel magic remains the best value in magic today Smile
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, Kozmo wrote:
Working hard everyday to make sure reel magic remains the best value in magic today Smile

atleast SOMEONE in magic has these ideals!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Reel Magic Free weekend! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL