The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » One question (who is the author of the trick) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=56&v=h_Ya2cM4sTs
This is a Chinese copy of the purse, but the question is not this - do you know whose version it is - the conversion of banknotes? Enough visually. This is a fairly simple trick - it's just interesting to know whose loan it is. Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
If you are talking about the flash transformaton, I've seen similar flash transformation in a few places, but don't know who the originator was/is.

- Meir Yedid has one on his Published Unpublished
- Big Buck I think is similar
- I think there is a version on one of the Penguin Live's (for Harry Anderson I think)
- I've also seen a version of this in a children's magic book: Crafty Magic by Nick Huckleberry Beak, entitled Farewell Finale (I won't tell if you don't)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Thanks for your links. I meant the trick which starts at 0.25. Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It looks like to me ...

Bert Allerton, see his "Bamboolze" in Star Of Magic Book.

http://www.geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Bert_Allerton
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm not sure it is Bamboozled, but you can find that in Fulves Self-Working Coin Magic p97
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The blank slips to cash is a Pat Page item. Later popularized by Fred Kaps and a generation later adding hi-tech to the gimick. The underlying gimmick was used in the Bert Allerton Stars of Magic item for other purposes. Smile
Finn Jon had the r/s no-fold version.

That help?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jonathan, Bert Allerton was born before Pat Page, thus it make sense that Pat Page may have derived Easy Money from Bert Allerton.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
It looks like to me ...

Bert Allerton, see his "Bamboolze" in Star Of Magic Book.

http://www.geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Bert_Allerton
come up
I am in agreement with Bill on this one. Bill is a bit of a historian and always seems to find the correct information! Thanks, Bill!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Here's an artist's twist on the trick: http://www.blakefallconroy.com/monopoly-money.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » One question (who is the author of the trick) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL