The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Amazing gig/booking (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Yesterday I had the pleasure of performing at a corporate function with quite a young crowd and what a great night it was.

The thing that stuck out for me at this particular booking were the amount of people who actually kept coming up to me and requesting me to perform at their table, what an easy way to approach a table especially as I got the impression that the guests didn't know that magicians would be performing for them.

Having been away from magic for a while the other thing that struck me was how quick people were to get their phones out to video the action these days haha.

For those out there performing over the Christmas period enjoy Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Congratulations Warren!

You must have ben good or after the first few tables the requests would have dried up.

I'd sure like to see some of the video of me that others have taken (maybe LOL). I can't say I enjoy that new aspect of performing but, there it is.

-Mary Mowder
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks Mandy, the reason I mentioned it is that us Brits are usually quite reserved so it wasn't what I expected, the reactions were brilliant all night right from the meet & greet to the table's.
Like yourself I'm not sure what I think about being videoed but it was happening at most tables and even in the meet & greet so it's obviously a common thing these days.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
By the way Warren, my name is Mary. I wouldn't mention it but this is the third time you've called me Mandy.
Any particular reason?

-Mary Mowder
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2017, Mary Mowder wrote:
By the way Warren, my name is Mary. I wouldn't mention it but this is the third time you've called me Mandy.
Any particular reason?

-Mary Mowder

My apologises Mary I'm usually on my Phone when writing so unfortunately predictive txt changes what I write and me being lazy I don't check to see that what I've written is correct.

I'll try not to be so lazy in future Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Amazing gig/booking (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL