The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » FCN??? four coin nest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
The new book by luis Piedrahita... has a particularly terrific trick in it but it requires an FCN as he calls it. or a four coin nest.

I am sure this is the item used in Dean Dill's best piece ... I have never seen it before and am scared to death as to how much it costs...

but do any of you all know where it can be purchased? if at all these days.

thanks in advance

Marty
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Http://www.toddlassen.com/

Here is one place to get them. Click on "Standard" at the left column and the 3 or 4 coin nest is there. You will have to call Todd via phone at 303-776-7962 for a price, don't email him, he probably won't respond. I used to have Todd's 4 coin nest many many years ago but I don't remember the price. Very expensive but quality workmanship. All Lassen coins are expensive but worth it.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gotten the 3 coin nest rather than the 4 coin nest. The 4th coin is very thin, so you have to keep it moving. You can't just lay it on a table and let the spectator stare at it.

Someone here on the Café will chime in and give you a price. A lot of Café members purchase Lassen coins.
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Hey thanks...i have some of his coins...talked to him once

It was the last place I was going to look...but got interrupted and forgot
Thanks
Marty
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Had purchased a tango FCN in clad half dollar several years back. cost about 100. Sold it a few years back. I thinks its call four in one.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Yup, it is: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......one-set/
Roy Kueppers also makes a set, in both 3 and 4, depending on the coin. http://roykueppers.com/shells.html
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Thanks guys

Marty
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Manreb ad tonsofwuestions... I could kiss you...I just looked it up... the tango piece is just enough to get me to jump in ... who would have thought replicas they should be just right so I don't take a third mortgage out...

if you want to know details on this I will be glad to share privately

Marty
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
What I'm hearing, Tango has come a long way. I have never purchased any Tango coins, but hearing stuff from other Café members, there is a lot of good reviews compared to the quality of Tango coins in the past.

Good you found what you were looking for.
15tahures
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
Piedrahita uses the Todd Lassen one. I saw it, it is amazing. Is perfect.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Jamie Schoolcraft makes what's necessary for Dean's routine. Before I purchased it (I absolutely love it) I contacted Jamie about getting just one set and at the time he said he could do that. I don't recall what the price was but I'm sure it has increased over time, but it's worth reaching out to him.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Thanks.. I got my tango today...it's not great but it might suffice.. I bought from Jamie before and if this trick takes off like I think I'll ask for his help.
thanks for the background

Marty
khuzhai
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of khuzhai
Any other sources for learning routines with fcn?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » FCN??? four coin nest (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL